I have an ASEL 12 gauge with semi pistol grip and double triggers. Great gun. I also owned an ASELL two barrel set which I had acquired at auction. It had fantastic wood. A friend just had to have it, so I eventually sold it to him. Regretably my friend had a broken ankle -the result of an auto accident - which he had fused and which therefore made walking on rough ground somewhat difficult. Due to this he one day tripped, fell on the buttstock and broke it and shattered part of it. Had the gun restocked at signficant cost in another beautiful piece of wood. Used the broken one as a lamp stand. The gun had a single trigger and it started to double on him. Not fun. So off it went again this time to Beretta in Italy as we did not know of Rick Cole at the time. Two years later it came back along with a hefty bill for the repair. I had sold the gun to him for $1500 by the time all the "experiences" had been paid for he had $5000 in the gun. I don't know that doubling was a common malady of the ASE guns with single triggers. I know I love to carry and shoot my ASEL as it locks up just like a bank vault has deep engraving and nice wood. I would buy another in an instant if I came across one. Guns sure have history and evoke a lot of memories.