When I related my experience with the ASE90 from Barnett, does anyone really think that the web pictures would have allowed me to see it was worn out, especially if no pictures showing problems areas were available for viewing?

If a buyer is splitting hairs about a 10% finish issue then I side with the dealer. But to avoid problems, especially serious problems with a gun's condition and mechanics, we all must rely on the ethics of the seller to give honest answers to questions asked. There should be no surprises when the gun is finally in hand...period.

To our good fortune, about a week after returning SB's broken down "new" ASE90, a private seller from Texas listed another as New In The Box. Well guess what...IT REALLY WAS NEW!!! and exactly as advertised. Plus it was $500 less than Barnett's junker

There are plenty of honest people out there, and there's just no excuse for a false sales pitch or fraudulent dealing, especially if a dealer has a reputation to protect. When a dealer takes short cuts and provides bad information (and service) he's doing more harm than good. And when a dealer (in this case SB) puts the same ASE90 back up for sale a second time with no mention of the problems he's been made aware of, it says volumes about his character. To paraphrase a wise old man... fool me once, shame on me...fool me twice...ain't gonna happen because there will be no second chance.

"I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it" - Capt. Woodrow Call