Pete,
Thanks. Dad did twenty two years active duty in the USMC, ten years reserve, could run the 100 yard dash faster then me through high schol ( I set the state record in 1978, which, didn't last long, but, you get the point) could always box better than me, and instructed snipers with 7th (?) rifle corps. His skills with a rifle actually hurt his shotgunning, I believe, and he never caught on with a two-holer like I did. He also smoked like a steam engine for 50 of his 80 years. This wasn't unexpected. We knew something was up when he stopped going to the gym for his usual, every day, three hour workout (a jarhead to the bitter end!) and he had recently lost 20 of his 137 or so tough-as-shoe leather pounds of weight.

My only regret is that he will be a faint, vanishing memory to his only gandson. Since that is my only regret, I'm guessing I'm doing OK.

A great Thanksgiving to all. The grouse are a complete nuisance in Pine county this year, lots of them, flying from tree to tree. I used my 1957 vintage model 37 16 gauge to take the last one, off of a truly idiotic looking, tail drooping point from my knuckleheaded 10 year old English Setter.

My blessings, leave me in in awe, on a daily basis.

Best,
Ted