Well, the old girl has now found a new home with me. I'm posting a few pictures below and again they aren't the best but I had to take them outside and it was cold in Illinois today. That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.

Anyway, now that I've had a chance to look the gun over pretty good here are some of the particulars: 28" barrels choked .006 right and .025 left, bore size is .725 both barrels with some very slight pitting in the left barrel (probably honeing the barrels .001 will make them perfect). Minimum wall thickness is .036 in both barrels and I can see no dents at all in either the barrels or the top rib. The short section of bottom rib is missing back of the forend lug but that is easily replaced. The bluing is no doubt original because it looks crappy (hey I'll look crappy in a hunred years too). The chambers are 2 1/2"

The engraving is actually very crisp and nice it just doesn't show well in the pictures. I said before that it was "rose & scroll", I'm not sure about the rose part because the flowers look more like daisies to me, but very well done in any case.

The wood on the gun has many shallow dents and a few scratches but is actually in pretty nice shape. The dimensions are 1 5/8 DAC, 2 3/4 DAH with a 14 3/4 LOP to a really classic Pachmayr whiteline pad that is hard as a rock.

At this point I'm not sure if I'll do a complete restoration and restock the gun or just redo the things that really need to be done.

Anyway here's the pictures.

Doug Mann