Gosh! I just finished reading final post in this thread and am now relaxing a bit with the memories this thread has conjured up. I first found this board after I started buy the DGJ off the shelf each month at Barnes and Noble. When was that? About '94 or '95?? Other than the Stevens 311 my dad bought me on my 13th birthday many years ago, I had no double guns until I logged into this board (well, the DGJ helped a lot with the stimulus to buy a new one). The first one I bought was an Uggie model 30 from Dale Dalrymple, and it was on that transaction that I really came to appreciate doubles and, with Dale, the fine peope who associate themselves with this type of firearm. Oscar's writings caused my first Damascus purchase - a Remington side hammer that I still shoot with low pressure 2.5 inchers. Then came the over and unders, then the double rifle, then the large bore single-shot, then a really nice Merkel with fancy wood. Great memories, but best of all are the associations formed with some on this board, mostly only via cyber-space. I remember meeting you Pete, and Wonko (Charles) and many others for a get together and picture at the Benfield show in Vegas. Ah yes, thanks for the memories!!!!

Perry M. Kissam
NRA Patron Life Member