I am a relative newcomer to this board but I've been buying and using all types of firearms including shotguns for over 50 years.
I am hoping to live long enough to see the day when it won't be necessary to take politics into consideration in regards to our hobby. If there had been a type of Internet back in the 1950s these discussions wouldn't have been necessary as basically everyone believed the right to keep and bear arms was an individul constitutional right.
Unfortunately those of certain political pursuasions who would like to take this right away as has been done elsewhere remain as active as ever. We can either fight to keep this right or ignore the very active effort to eliminate it. I chose to fight so my grandchildren will be able to enjoy the same freedoms we have today.
That Politics is now an intergal part of this hobby is unfortunate but hoping the real threats we face will just go away is dreaming.
I agree that name calling is NOT something that should be tolerated here. However if someone posts something related to firearms and politics and it's wrong or misleading the record has to be set straight.
There are threads on here that don't interest me so I just skip them and there's no reason any of you can't do the same when it's of a political nature.
Jim

Last edited by italiansxs; 11/14/08 06:29 PM.

The 2nd Amendment IS an unalienable right.