Just thought I'd start a reminiscing topic. After the new style here, the old post numbers were lost. I first showed up at about post #500 and saw Russ deploring the BU nature of NIDs arguing with Ithica afficianadoes. I knew I would like that guy. I remember him saying he showed up at about post #200. Bill Wise was there adding wise information. It wasn't long before Charles7, alias Wonko the Sane and earlier nom d'plumes was posting. Some of our current researchers were there and we have lost some over the years. I hope they are doing well.

I remember a wild man from Texas who dearly loved his Mod 31 Remingtons and was in heaven when he finally found an engraved one. He got into a problem when he used a match to check the level in a whiskey barrel, but was healing up when he suddenly posted no more. Hope he was buried with his engraved 31.

The board was more fun then as the threads showed the topics in them and the subject matter sometimes changed to more interesting topics. I forget the number of topics when the board changed, but I think it was maybe 25,000.

Feel free to add old stories of those days and early posts and friends no longer seen.

Pete