Larry;
Alliant reloading manual:
Load 1; 12ga 2 3/4" Win AA case, Win 209 primer, Win WAASL Wad, 19gr Red Dot, 1 oz shot, Vel 1255 fps, pressure 10,500 psi.
Load 2; 12ga 2 3/4" Win AA case, Win 209 primer, Win WWAA12F114 wad, 34.5grs Blue dot, 1¼oz shot, Vel 1275 fps, Pressure 9,900 psi.
Now if I am following what you just told me while trying your best to make me look like a total ignorant Fool, load #1 should "Kick Harder" because it has 600 psi more pressure.
Now one more time, Burrard "Did Not Relate" recoil to pressure, he related it to the weight & velocity of the ejecta. "YOU" took what he said out of context & "YOU" said he stated that recoil was increased by that increase in pressure.
Yes the Parker bbl did burst at the weakest popint of the chamber, But the point I was making, As You Well Know, was that it did in fact burst in the chamber & not some distance down the bbl where it was thinner & weaker still. It still showed that the max pressure was located in the chamber area & not 14-16" down the bbl.
As to the test Thomas reported on there is simply not enough detail given to draw a meaningful conclusion, "Period".
Burrard was much more prone to "Over-Detail" than under, to the extent many have stated it is simply too boringly time consuming to read his works. He gave ample evidence that with proper 2½ loads the firing of these loads put up in the 2 3/4" fold crimped case was totally safe & in fact had become the standard practise of the British ammunition makers. What more was needed. Thomas did not recognise this, but rather cited "Other" statements he had made, out of context. Bell stated Burrard totally condemned the use of a 2 3/4" shell in a 2½" chambered gun & that Thomas left much doubt. This can be absolutely verified by reading his article on "Finding out for Myself" whether you want to admit it or not.
I have no idea as to why you have taken it upon yourself to try & disparage everything I say, but there are many others who have expressed appreciation of my posts both publically & by PM. If they are a thorn in your side well so be-it, you best get used to a little prickling, for I intend to stick around.

Miller/TN
I Didn't Say Everything I Said, Yogi Berra