I've watched this thread since its inception and have watched as some truly fine work has been trashed. I don't get pissed off easily but I'm pissed! Ken and I are very good friends and talk on the phone at least once a week and sometimes more. Glenn is one of my closest friends, we shoot together, work on projects together, drink beer together and just do stuff together. We also yank each others chain, however, just like brothers, we might do that but don't you do that.

If anyone might want to know the inspiration for the Warthog all they have to have is one of Glenn's business cards and it will become obvious. As to the Meerkats - well you can probably put the blame for that choice on me, when Glenn and I were discussing the engraving and he said he wanted a Warthog on one side I said why not have Meerkats on the other. So there you have it.

I don't know if Glenn will post any finished pictures of the rifle when it's done or not. The board will be poorer for it if he doesn't. But just in case he doesn't here is a picture of the damascus steel skeleton butt plate installed on the rifle and if you look close you will see an out of focus damascus steel skeleton grip cap.

Doug Mann