My real middle name and last names are Mike Armstrong. My first name is known only to the IRS and my other employers; even my mother never used it, no idea why. Family secret no one ever let me in on; now everyone who might know is dead.

The best shotgun I ever had was an LC Smith Featherweight Field 16-bore with 28" IC/Full tubes, DT, extractors and a nice open half pistol grip. I bought it in a gunshop in Spokane WA in the early 1970s; it was one of the guns the US Army purchased in 1942 at the Syracuse Army Depot. It had been lightly used and probably was at the Air Corps base in Spokane during WWII. Refinished the stock and had a local artist refresh the checkering and glass bed the locks.

Lost nearly all my guns in some of the merge/downsize fun and games of the early 1980s; this was the last one I let go. Traded it for a new engine for my Subaru so I could get to my new (Thank God!) job. A very hard thing to do; that Smith was made for me and I made the best game shots I ever have with it. Somebody in Vermont has got one hell of a double! Hope it isn't in some military collection gathering dust! At least it got to serve me well in the Global War on Chukars!