I have several Lefevers to work with. I have a DS 16 that some moron cut the barrels down to 18". I have both a 10 F grade with bad barrels and several F and G grade in 12. I even have a 20 DS that had both barrels ruined. I would like to know the story behind that one, or maybe not now that I think about it. Stupid is as stupid does and most of us would have quit after the first barrel burst. Any of them could be used for the project so I do not have to buy another project gun.

From what I have learned it looks like 24-26" for big bores gets real heavy. Might get by with 28" in a smaller cartridge like 38-55. I think that I need to look at a few of the rifle BBS and see what others have done with 38-55 up to 50-120. Some where, someone has made a mild load that will fit my interest. Maybe a wild boar or a deer or two but no heavy shooting. More paper and watermelons than anything else.

I have an email out to a fellow who I know has converted half a dozen doubles into rifles. I found him a gun to convert before and am sure he will answer soon, well when he gets around to it at least. He took his phone out of his house as he thought it was a waste of time. Smart man. He is on the net more to make buying items easy than posting on a bbs. Last email only took a few days to get a reply. It was short and to the point. One word, NO. Got to love a man of few words.