I have several Lefever project guns that will never get done as I have others in better shape or have already finished several others in the same grade. How many G grades do you need? Don't answer that. I know all that you can have, plus a few more.

Years ago I took a POS, also known as a Pride of Spain and made it into a .444 double. After I got it regulated it would keep both barrels in a 6" bulls eye at 100 yards all day long. At 50 yards two shots would often be less than inch apart. The gun could shoot better than I could, as the sights were thick and at a hundred yards they just about covered the entire 6" target. Sad to say I sold that gun to a fellow who borrowed it for a wild pig hunt. It dropped several wild boars in their tracks and was big medicine to him.

What I would like is a Lefever double rifle as an upgrade of my youth. Looking at one of the Black Powder Era rounds like a 45-70 or something in 50 cal. like a 50-90. Not loaded to the max. but more of a big rook rifle for the back 40. Big and slow is fine with me. Anyone have one in their collections? If so could you drop me a message. I just want to see how long were the barrels, balance point and weight of the gun? Thinking about sleeving a set of barrels.

I looked at several of the off the rack double rifles and none of them interest me in the least. It is Lefever or nothing at this time.