May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
2 members (Stanton Hillis, ithaca1), 881 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,527
Posts545,853
Members14,420
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 24 1 2 3 23 24
#316680 03/08/13 09:41 AM
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I posted, in the misfires section, an awesome picture of a whale visiting our boat. In a very short time, Keith and the aptly named "Bonehead Doc" had posted politicly oriented racial slurs to that thread. I commented on that and Keith suggested that if I didnt like it, I should quit. Thats what I am going to do. I am so disappointed that what used to be a really enjoyable place to share experiences, data and wit has degenerated to this level. The misfires section and even this one at times is full of racial and sexist slurs, insults, threats of violence, talk of torture, conspiracies...life is too short to put up with stuff like that....

Sidelock
Sidelock

I understand Chuck, on another site I made the mistake of trying to have a civil discussion about grouse hunting with a .410. You'd think I was on a Muslim site and had disparaged Allah the way I got dumped on. Internet bullies pretty much turn me off and that sure turned me off to that website.
Steve

Approach life like you do a yellow light - RUN IT! (Gail T.)
Sidelock
Sidelock

From there we talked about eating one and other Eskimo delicacies. smile I still say the meat smells like a plugged sewer so the whales are safe from me.

Practice safe eating. Always use a condiment.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Well, I for one will miss you and your fresh approach.
When you need joy, PM us folks in Amarillo

Joe
Amarillo Mike
and
Me

Hasta manyana

Mike

USAF RET 1971-95 [Linked Image from jpgbox.com]
Sidelock
Sidelock

I read all the posts & I don't see what Last Dollar is upset about.

The only possible objection I have is that I think the whale looked a lot more like Hillary Clinton in a wet suit than the first lady.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Also feel this way. However, that's the other side of free speech. As Peter the Great of Russia rightly noticed, when no limitations are imposed on what people say, everyone's stupidity is apparent. Don't take these rants personally, they are really only displays of the level of mental and emotional development, and speak more about the speakers than about what the speakers think they're bullying. And remember these speakers have the right to speak their mind out same as you and me.

On the other hand, I think we all should be thankful for the misfires section. It serves as a sort of a goblin reservation, a vent for certain people's feelings, keeping most of unrelated emotions out of the main section. Without misfires, these rants would have to happen in main section, and that would really be the end of the forum. Let it be... Practice Zen... Don't take it too hard.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Brittany Man
I read all the posts & I don't see what Last Dollar is upset about.

The only possible objection I have is that I think the whale looked a lot more like Hillary Clinton in a wet suit than the first lady.

LD posted a very cool and interesting photo of something that many will never have the chance to experience up close, and he's probably tired of such things being used as a base for clever political comments.

The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits. - Albert Einstein
Sidelock
Sidelock

Yea, LD take it easy, I agree with the gentleman above, because I still can't find where it was all that bad. And some of the comments were kind of funny!!

eeb Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

The thread was under "Full Frontal Nudity...". I'm not sure what his motives were for that prurient title, but maybe he should have called it "Great Pictures of a Whale". Don't get your knickers in a knot LD when you are the guy with the clever come on. You folded your tent when you moved to old Mexico. Enjoy.

Last edited by eeb; 03/08/13 11:36 AM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Last Dollar, I sympathize.

In normal human discourse it is possible to have civil conversations with people who might disagree on any number of issues and at any level. Gun forums, for some reason, seem to bring out the vulgar and the name-callers. I am on a number of other lists (art, science) and nobody there politicizes posts, expresses constant negative thoughts and makes up crap about our government, our President and fellow Americans and wallows in nutty conspiracy theories.

This isn't the worst forum - other gun sites are far worse but the unbalanced rants that get posted on these forums will just confirm the anti's impressions of the gun world if they ever discover these sites. Just imagine the damage that would be done if just a dozen or so of the foulest rants were to go viral!

Shotgun World went crazy with racist crap around 2008 but the moderators seem finally to have it under control.

Page 1 of 24 1 2 3 23 24

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.