April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,022 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,467
Posts545,124
Members14,409
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Chuck H Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

The last economic 'slowdown' we had a few yrs back, guns dropped significantly. But, so far, I haven't seen any sign that gun values are weakening. Lead/lag effect?

Sidelock
Sidelock

Shooters...80-85% guns will probably not drop in value much but will take longer to sell. A slower economy does not impact on the collector market...they will continue to go up in price. A lot of "deep pockets" out there. Supply and demand. JMHO Rick

Sidelock
Sidelock

I am waiting for a drop in price in graded Ithacas. They just keep going up.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Like the big SUVs and pickem-ups have, some guns will lose in their value. Good guns/rifles will always be wanted - American and Brit mostly. Look for the Euros(stepchild of the gun world) to take the biggest hit in resale and trade.
Even in the good dollar times, these were passed over for the others.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I'm not seeing any slowdown south of the equator - even with interest rates approaching 10% for the average home owner, and inflation rearing it's ugly head etc. The fine, vintage collectible end of the market seems to be immune. I'm seeing vintage brit doubles of high grade and high condition quietly going for multiples of Rocketman's tabulated estimates; we used to be cheaply plundered of such guns by intrepid North American buyers hunting widely for bargains.
RG

Sidelock
Sidelock

I have seen a drop off in people with money to spend. Not an outright recession but more like a slowdown in elective spending by a lot of my peers and neighbors. Housing values have dropped 20+% and are still in slow free fall. People in the real estate market tell me that we are near the bottom but they said the same thing a year ago and 10% ago. I suspect that another 5% will be at the bottom price wise. Those who bought and refinanced until the owed 100% of the old value are screwed until they either build up enough equity to sell and break even or they had better have a big checkbook to payoff the old mortgage if they are force to sell sooner.

Guns are not going to collapse in value anytime soon. You will see trade values drop first and retail prices slow or drop later. But to be honest if a dealer can afford to hold onto the gun, until they sell it, it is in their interest to do so until they get their price. After all they are not making anymore 50-100 year old high condition guns anymore. I think we will see $25.00 lead before we will see 1K small bore high condition Fox guns again.

Sidelock
Sidelock

The average or may I say run of the mill guns may suffer. The top grade original stuff will not miss a beat.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I don't know. Check out the big $$$ guns that have just come on the market at Lewis Drake's:

http://www.Drake.net

I think prices are going to go down on all stuff - even the high-end stuff.

There was an article in NYTs last week about how the even rich people are being forced to cut back.

Good Gun Alerts & more:

www.DogsandDoubles.com
Sidelock
Sidelock

I agree...if Osama Obama gets elected the bottom is going to fall out of the whole country....and good ol'George Bush will get the blame.

Chuck H Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Gas is over $4 a gallon, diesel over $5, Ed McMahon made a living out of giving away millions and now is losing his house, Evander Holyfield is losing his mansion, and America is about to elect to the Presidency a man that has sworn to stand with the muslims, spend more on social services, and will likely prevent future oil exploration on U.S. soil. I need a drink! Hell, the country needs a drink. And I bet donuts to dollars that in 1 yrs time, a $4.5k Parker Repro won't bring as much.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.