May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
5 members (welder, AGS, Wild Skies, Ted Schefelbein, 1 invisible), 715 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,502
Posts545,501
Members14,414
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Sidelock
Sidelock

Francis, it's time for you to go delete some more of your posts seeins' how you once again stopped up the drain pipe of cyber space with your droppings.

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Post deleted by Run With The Fox

Last edited by Run With The Fox; 06/09/08 02:27 PM.

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..
Sidelock
Sidelock

So full of it...coming in right over the tops of my hipboots.

Sidelock
Sidelock

RWTF.....Maybe I could answer some of your 'Questions' Re Parker No 168304? I spent several hours with"Her"...Some guns That I have close relations with....Toying with their'Internals',Going into unexplored dark 'Holes",Gently lubricating the more sensitive parts that with a "Touch", that has taken me 50 yrs to "Get Right"(I have found that I can set these Hysterical/whoops.....Historical old Pieces back to working just like they were when they were 16 yrs old....Getting Old Is Hell'...For Whom The Bell Tolls.....cc/dt

Sidelock
Sidelock

David, the photos that RevDocDrew showed included both the darker buttstock (that the Czar's Parker (168304) had when it sold at Jim Julia's, which was not original to the gun) and a lighter, much prettier buttstock. Are you implying that the lighter, prettier buttstock is the one that was found wrapped in some moldy Victorian ladies dainty underthings and the one original to 168304?
You and I stood together at Julia's that day and were discussing the merits of that Parker and paused only briefly when the girl stood, telephone in hand, and shouted so as not to be misunderstood, "I bid a quarter of a million dollars!!" and you then told me that you would be restocking that gun. Did you have the original stock in your possession at that time and believed it to be only a matter of time until the original stock and its Parker were reunited or did you believe you would be creating a new, more attractive stock for 168304 (it being obvious that the replacement stock had obvious issues)??

Dean Romig

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Last edited by Run With The Fox; 06/07/08 06:22 PM.

Scribble Scribble Mr. Gibbon.

Exorcisms performed cheaply. "We get the Hell out!"
Sidelock
Sidelock

Mr Romig, Sir,..'Fraid' the Pretty Parker Stock(Soon to be a Desk-Lamp for a friend) is from a "Lettered AA P/Bros. That was discovered in Conn."Closet" several years ago. I've since Restocked it,with a piece of E/Walnut that looked like it had been cut from Alongside the Original. Nice engraving by the 'Brit'W.H.Gough. The last I heard of it was Vegas 2005..asking $30k!!!So that stock is not the"RumoredFound in the 'Grande Dame's'draw of Victorian'Cammie-Knickers'!!!As to the Restocking of #168304, 'Back to the Original configuration',I belive I said to you, I would like the Opportunity, if the job 'Came my Way'...But alas the Fabled Piece has become,once again, passed into,"Parker Mystrie"..It was "Fun Stripping it all Down for Julia,with Jim Fender taking his 'Notes' and photos for the Double-Gun Story, with the 1st'Center-Fold, 3 page Fold-Out, The Reporter from the'Meriden Conn.Shooting the Video which has made it World-Wide with Parker "Owners/Collectors"(Very dramatic Moment when the'Charming Young Lady,Stood-Up and Shouted'A Quarter of a Million Dollars")I expect now that it has changed hands a 'FEW' more times,,,,Maybe Tripled the Julia's selling price????I wonder if it still has the'Floor-Board Grade New York City'Stock attached to the Gough Engraved Action...? Maybe Time will Tell?I have a Nice collection of Photos from that'Momentus'Occasion,in the History of'The Gun That Won The East".....cc/dt

Sidelock
Sidelock

Why someone would pay a quarter mil for a restocked A1S. Hummmm. And I love Parkers.

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.