May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
1 members (Tim Wolf), 508 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,501
Posts545,497
Members14,414
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Post deleted by Run With The Fox

Last edited by Run With The Fox; 06/03/08 03:31 PM.

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..
Sidelock
Sidelock

Toward the very end Remington offered the single trigger on the Trojan, but the records only show that 27 Trojans left the factory with a single trigger. Most of the evolutionary changes to the Parker Bros. hammerless action had been made by the time the Trojan was introduced in 1912. Early Trojans had a useless rib extension that was eliminated on later Trojans, but I don'k know of any difference between a "DuPont" Trojan and those made in Meriden in the late 1920s and early 1930s.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Well, "Run With The FOX", I believe I've probably seen at least a half-dozen Parker "Invinceables" with the serial number 200,001; and I suspect anybody who has been collecting very many years has also. I knew the gun was a fake when I picked it up; but overall, it was one of the better examples I had seen and quite attractive. As a matter of fact, it would be the perfect gun for your future bird shooting pursuits; you'd enjoy looking at it while waiting on that point, and any bird you shot would die much happier knowing that its demise had at least been effected with a beautiful gun! And further, there's the additional perk of having such a beautiful gun highlighting your bird and dog pictures afterwards; but the best part, all this happiness can be obtained for the paltry sum of $12.5K (chump change for the snow birds we regularly see down here)!
Seriously, I collected and shot only Parkers until my eyes were opened and I finally saw the light; but in the interim, I shot a lot of targets and game with many Parkers that also included a very late 16-bore Trojen that Del Grego had converted and re-stocked to straight grip. I actually wish I still had that gun; but fine guns are like beautiful women (and about as expensive!), and my fickle eyes were always wandering and fantasizing about my next acquisition.
As far as Trojen guns with a Parker single trigger, I've not personally seen one and don't recall such option being cataloged; but have heard from reliable individuals that a handful do exit (maybe Eightbore will chime in).
As to Trojen up-grades, there are apparently a hand full of those out there also. A few years ago, while this dumb hill-billy was wasting his time at an Atlanta gun show, a New York engraver had such a gun on display at his table exhibiting his skills; and although I don't recall the engraving pattern exactly, I think it was engraved in the Invinceable style!
And hey, I ain't proud; I'll drink with anybody, including Yankees, as long as what I'm drinking is no stronger than Coca Cola! To do otherwise is against my religion.

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Sidelock
Sidelock

Hey, "Run," you don't list where you might be from in your profile, and no email address. I am not a very long ways from topgun. You started my interest when you mentioned bourbon and branch, I assume Jim Beam black label will be o.k., but then you said you were a dang Yankee! Made me pause. But then you said you attended a gun show in Atlanta, though. I have met both friends and bums at that large show out East from Atlanta about every quarter. Would you care to add to your profile, or to send me an email at kinglarr@knology.net if you want to remain a close-mouthed secretive Yankee and not reveal that information for all to see.

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Last edited by Run With The Fox; 06/03/08 07:17 PM.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Check with Ivory Beads, they claimed to have it almost a year ago when we were talking about my Colombian Expo "A".
bill

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Run With The Fox
One reason why my only "Paaaarkar" is a lowly Trojan grade 12 bore-unless I am mis-informed, the frame configuration of the Trojan differs from the higher grades

"Run With The FOX"--AKA--Francis Morin...... Before you were banned from the PGCA site last week you were flush with a pair of rare AAHE 12 bores, now on this forum you say your only "Paaaarkar" is a Trojan 12?

Hard to keep up with all your stories.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Run with the Fox . . . Francis Morin . . . Francis Marion, the "Swamp Fox". Have we made a connection here?:)

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Nope no connection. I still have only one "Paaaarkar"-and it's a Trojan with 30 barrels- I spent the same amount it would have cost to "prove" any relationship to Francis Marion- the "Swamp Fox" on the Trojan- at a Gun Show in Columbus OH many years ago. So I don't really know for sure, nor do I care- I'd like to own a Fox gun, but good ones are scarce-and if I owned one, I wouldn't be "running" with it in my hands-not safe gun handling-But thanks for the insight- I'll have to check out the Parker Forum!! And my name is not Francis-but again, thanks for asking.

Last edited by Run With The Fox; 06/04/08 05:21 PM.

Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.