April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,138 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,469
Posts545,142
Members14,409
Most Online1,299
Apr 26th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Sidelock
Sidelock

Gee, whish they chose to copy Woodward design then even I would buy one. Too bad that just like AyA they chose to copy one of the fugliest designs.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Here's my 20 gauge Ugartechea. Personally, I think it's a very handsome design, a far cry from "fugliest." But, to each his own. I'll bet you get out-voted on your choice of "fugliest" on this one, Paul.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Nice gun Chief.

J.B.
I would second the observations of Chief and Bryan Lee regarding quality.
Handled a pair of SLE's SXS from the 30's years ago, very high quality guns. Cannot comment on the current crop.

Good Shooting
T.C.
The Green Isle
Sidelock
Sidelock

JBP,

FWIW, heres a pic of my 1968 vintage 16ga, 26", Ignacio Ugartechea. If the pic doesnt make it, email me at thom_davis(at)yahoo.com, and I will send it to you. Not sure on the model, I believe that in todays Armas Ugartechea model line, this is a 119. Came from an estate and had a two sisters, a 12 and a 20. The 12 and 20 showed quite a bit more use. Very well made and a true pleasure to shoot and hunt with...

Can anyone add more info about this gun? It is hard to find anything on the Ignacio U. guns...

Sidelock
Sidelock

Ignacio Ugartechea is simply the full name, it's the same Ugartechea we have been discussing. There were three Ignacio Ugartecheas, according to Terry Weiland in Spanish Best, 1. Founder, 2. Son, and 3. Grandson. The company was founded in 1922 in Eibar, and remains in business today. Buy the book, it'll tell you all you need to know. Your gun looks like a picture in the book they identify as their Model 1030, their best "standard action" gun. I think they term their S x S guns as the "standard action" guns.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I have seen that piece at WLM site few years ago. You probably did get it at a good price. The asking price was under 3k if I remember correctly.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Crazzzzy question. You know, most amigos on this board would never dish out $ needed for top quality made to order IU SLE. They are "slaves" to opinions of their peers with respect to what guns they use and buy. The only guy that seems to buy obscure guns of higher quality is Mountain Man from NH or Ho, ho, ho (aka John Mann). He was "flirting" with what looked like mid-grade 116? last year, but I'm not sure if he actually bought it.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.