May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
10 members (MattH, eeb, Jimmy W, Argo44, 2 invisible), 405 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,521
Posts545,765
Members14,419
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
#95599 05/20/08 09:24 AM
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

For the "for sale" section to allow on-board replies is unbusinesslike and unacceptable, to me. It has turned into another forum, where all sorts of comments are posted that have nothing to do with the item for sale. Surely the posting of replies can be prohibited, as it was in the past. ALL business should be conducted in private and off the board. The seller should list his e-mail address or phone number and contact should be made in a private manner. I will no longer list items for sale here, under the present, out of control system.
Other's comments would be welcome on this subject.
Thank you,

> Jim Legg <

Sidelock
Sidelock

Dave and Jim,
I agree

Sidelock
Sidelock

I disagree completely, and I know of no other forum that has a for-sale section which prohibits replies. Banning replies disallows comments from people who might have something valuable to add. It also bans the sell from updating the original post with more pictures or details.

If allowing replies has any negative at all, it is in the fact that it makes it easier for a sellers with something to hide.

Leave it as it is.

_________
BrentD, (Professor - just for Stan)

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Sidelock
Sidelock

The upland sight had to close their clasified to comments. I would agree with Jim. For sale is just that "For Sale" not lets make a deal. Help can be handled off the sale board and if the item deserves a discussion the form can be right here.
Ron

Sidelock
Sidelock

I would like to see the sale section state its for sporting and collector shotguns and rifles no modern type milatary stuff. Hunting books and hunting type equipment in the sperit of the forum.I purchased a camera from Jim off the sale site years ago to take gun pics but it wasn't its only use.They are to many folks trying to get pic collections of every gun for sale but simple forgotten info like whats the guage or LOP I have no problem with. To many forum police,its Daves site and he has managed to get by a long time now so we need to let him run it.I know Jim has been here for the long haul and has seen many changes but all in all its still the best site around.

M&M Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

I figure I'm still a babe to this forum, but I have been around the block a few times.

In my opinion, there has only been one post anytime in the last few months that went way beyond what I perceive to be the somewhat flexible boundary lines.

I just scanned down the first couple of pages of the sales forum and then looked over those that had more than 10 to 15 posts. Most were all business, with a few, not out of line, comments. IMO

An, in the open question, can alert everyone to something you may see, or just something left out of a description. An unanswered question speaks volumes. Then if there is something so important or interesting that it requires more discussion, open a new thread on the Q & A forum.

I do enjoy this forum and learn from it daily. I have been hunting and shooting for over 50 years, but have learned more about guns in the last five on the internet than I dreamed possible. Thanks to Dave and others who operate these pipelines to knowledge.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Amigo Will
I would like to see the sale section state its for sporting and collector shotguns and rifles no modern type milatary stuff.

Amigo, you might be confusing this place with another site. Dave states right up front in the header...
"DoubleGuns for sale and wanted by individuals only...
No Handguns, bolt-guns, Pump-guns...etc. Only break open multi-barrel sporting guns. No paramilitary firearms or other non-doublegun items allowed. "

I don't see the reason for the complaints, discussion is what we're here for and if it bothers someone then just read the initial post and go no deeper.

Is there a specific reason the discussions are objected to other than "unbusinesslike and unacceptable" to an individual?

My problem lies in reconciling my gross habits with my net income.
- Errol Flynn
Sidelock
Sidelock

Dave, Would you please get the PM feature made useable like it is on the Parker and Shooting Sportsman board. No matter how I try all the methods people have posted it WILL NOT WORK for me.
The for sale board is all right the way it is, if people don.t like all the discussion just don't read them. Get a life and enjoy the best gun board (except for the PM) we have.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I post on a Porsche board also and they forbid replies in their for sale section.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I enjoy reading the For Sale threads. I learn not only of what certain SxS's in various conditions are selling for, but also from the questions asked of the sellers.

If one can desires a private transaction they can always send the seller an email. For this the PM function would also be helpful.

USMC Retired
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.