May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
5 members (Ted Schefelbein, Hammergun, SKB, Jtplumb, 1 invisible), 299 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,536
Posts545,999
Members14,420
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Sidelock
Sidelock

First things first Jimmy, if you drive a gas sucking pig - you'd need to live in a mud hut and eat fruits and berries to make up for that.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Yogi 000

Indeed, Chuck, you are so right about the senseless waste of energy that is rampant in our society. So much waste it is astonishing. Criminal actually. I wish we had leadership in our country that actually highlighted the importance of 'conservation and waste reduction' in their conversation. Instead it is only about maximizing consumption & consumerism.

I couldn't agree with Chuck and Yogi more. But this country had a leader who really wanted to work on this reduced power idea. Poor ol' Jimmy Carter. You all saw what a lovely reception his gentle leadership in that area engendered.

You know what they say about leading a horse to water.

I fear that until the oil runs out, it is going to be a huge uphill battle to get la gente to drink from the pond of conservation and alternative resources.

Jake

R. Craig Clark
jakearoo(at)cox.net
Sidelock
Sidelock

I own three cars, Lowell. One sits in the garage and is driven about 100 miles a year. The other two sit in the driveway and get about 20 and 30 miles to the gallon. But seeing as though I usually only drive about 20-30 miles a week, total since I have been retired, I don't worry that much about gasoline. That's why I said in an earlier post that when I go to a gas station, all I give them is $20.00. That's all they get from me in about a month. $20.00.......... And thanks, shep. I will look into the electric water heaters. I didn't know they were out yet. I bought an 80 gallon electric water heater about five years ago, but it is very impractical now. Good luck, guys!

Sidelock
Sidelock

I pronounce you green, Jimmy!
We gotta get rid of them gas piggies first and foremost, things will fall into place soon after.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Agreed. Let's just hope they have something left to shoot at!

Sidelock
Sidelock

It doesn't matter how much gas they use if I don't drive them does it? Or is that as broad as it is wide?

Sidelock
Sidelock

What was the question to this post anyway? Oh well! It's time to crawl into bed, watch Agent Fox Mulder and Agent Dana Scully solve another X-File case before I fall off to sleep. And dream about my valuptuous side by sides. Good night and good shooting.

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.