May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
1 members (GETTEMANS), 166 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,536
Posts545,993
Members14,420
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Sidelock
Sidelock

It pays to look in repeater rack. I got sub 6lb Remi 31 with 30" barrel in excellent shape for under $300. It's much nicer and lighter piece than it's later version Mossberg 500AT and can be swung with the best of them. It's very easy to carry all day and one does get that 3rd shot out of versatile mod-choked barrel.

Sidelock
Sidelock

A few months ago I purchased a Model 12 sixteen with little blue left on the receiver or barrel for $225 at a local gun store. Has 28" barrels with the orginal Mod choke and weighs 6lbs - 12 oz. It has the factory 2-3/4" chambers and the Nickel Chrome Barrels. Stock had been cut and a pad added though.

Best,

Mike

I am glad to be here.

Where would you guys put Parker Bros. shotguns in the mix? Seems that every Parker I see is priced higher than any comparable shotgun from the U.K. or the Continent, especially when condition is at issue. Unless it's a high grade, Parkers seem to cost more than a comparable LeFever, Fox, L.C. Smith etc.. I know Parker has a certain appeal (like them myself), but why are dealers pricing even the mediocre grade/condition Parkers so high, and it would seem getting their price? Any thoughts?

"I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it" - Capt. Woodrow Call
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Considering new quality SXSs run in the $2500 and up range, still solid American guns by Remington, Smith, Ithaca, Fox and Parker can certainly offer a shooter value. Great deals still exist too! A couple years ago I bought a very solid L.C. Smith FW 12ga for $175. from a guy a my club who had been trying to sell it for more than a year! I saw his ad for it on the board and his asking price of 175 and assumed it was sold. 6 months later I was talking to him and asked if it was still around- to my surprise it was! Modern demensions too! As Chuck H. said to me not long ago "there are more deals than money" very true. I passed on a 12ga SKB(not American) SXS for $400. last month and bought an NID for the same money. A local shop has an NID for $495. but won't budge on the price and there is a gunshow the end of this month! If you check the auction sites and scroll through the SXSs almost every Stevens 311 has a bid? Gunbroker has a 20ga Parker Trojan at $1500. starting, with no bids. It has a blued receiver and is restocked, but as a shooter it beats the price on a new Beretta by quite a bit.

Last edited by ben-t; 03/11/08 01:30 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

As to the Parker question, they cost more than the other American classics to start with, and there's been collector interest in them for a very long time. Somewhat comparable to the Win 21 craze, but there are far more Parkers out there. Just to do a comparison, Parker vs others (1940 prices), all with DT/AE:
Parker VHE: $140
Fox AE, LC Smith Ideal: $78

If what you're looking for is a shooter with factory 2 3/4" (or even 3") chambers and modern dimensions, the best bang for your buck IMO is in some of the newer used offerings: Ithaca SKB, Miroku or Italian-made Charles Daly, V. Bernardelli, older "good name" Spanish (Uggie, AyA, V. Sarasqueta--especially BLNE's). Just to name a few.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.