May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
5 members (Borderbill, playing hooky, Lloyd3, Jeremy Pearce, 1 invisible), 219 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,545
Posts546,124
Members14,420
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Sidelock
Sidelock

I added pics to your post at the ASSRA site.

Sidelock
Sidelock

AKMike:

Thank you. It is very kind of you to offer. I would like to photograph and make drawings of the stalking safety and would share them with anyone who recognises the one true path to enlightenment.

A stalking rifle without a stalking safety? Egad man, you must be joking!

Glenn

There is no sacrifice too great for someone else to make.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Mr Fewless,
If it'd help someone. Tear that thing down and take all sorts of measurements. I'm sure that Alex would be honored to see that his design is still being built!
Mike

Sidelock
Sidelock

BTW,, Please put it back together when your done! :D;)

SKB Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

lets see the pics boys....I had hopes of finishing this sucker up someday. Now with all this pressure you guys piled upon me I'm unsure if I can handle it. Pictures, we need pictures. I need inspiration.
Steve

http://www.bertramandco.com/
Booking African hunts, firearms import services

Here for the meltdowns
SKB #82065 02/08/08 08:35 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

I put up a couple of pics at the ASSRA site for you. I'm sure that Mr Fewless can do some better ones of it for you.
Mike

Sidelock
Sidelock

Glenn ---- Steve Earle called tonight and said he has worked out all the problems of a rebounding hammer for the new (soon to be) mid-range Wesson. He has six frames off to the guy who does his wire EDM work. Said all he has to do now is program for the hammer & lever & make holding fixtures for same. He still hasn't profiled the action but that isn't much (he said). I told him to hold out one of those actions so that I could draw lines indicating where I feel it should be slabed like a 94 Win or hiwall. He thinks he'll have one by this summer before the Raton nationals. Ken

Ken Hurst
910-221-5288
Sidelock
Sidelock

Gentlemens:

For anyone who wondered what we have been babbling about, here are a couple pictures of an Alexander Henry rifle with a stalking safety. The safety is a sliding bolt that locks the hammer in the half cocked position. The idea is to keep the hammer from catching on a branch or vine or such and accidently getting pulled back to full cock, or worse, being pulled back and released to fire the rifle.

The first picture shows the hammer bolted, the second free. The last picture is of the inletting for the lock.

Steve, I disassembled the bolt and have about 40 pictures of it, too many to send via email. If'n you want I can burn them on a CD and post them to you.

Glenn

There is no sacrifice too great for someone else to make.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Glenn, I have a pair of stalking safeties on my Lang double rifle and to tell you the truth, more useless accoutrements, I've never seen. Well, that may be a bit of an overstatement, but I sure don't consider them "stalking" safeties. Having to switch them off and then cock the hammers too, just doesn't make sense to me. Were they installed at full cock, they would make much more sense to me.

I'ver tried cocking the hammers with a branch - and, let's just say, I think this is a solution in search of a problem.

They do look cool though.
Brent

_________
BrentD, (Professor - just for Stan)

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

SKB Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Glenn,
Either post a cd, or email me less pics. Which ever is easier for you. The weather forecast is great today, off to the range to shoot the little Henry, a Gibbs farky and a martini. I wish it was all fun, but the Gibbs and the Martini need the sights filed. Its gonna break my heart to sell the little Gibbs, its on a very small action, comes in at 6.5 lbs and is a best quality gun. As my mentor in this game is fond of saying, "I can't own them all".
Steve

http://www.bertramandco.com/
Booking African hunts, firearms import services

Here for the meltdowns
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.