April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
6 members (Ted Schefelbein, Replacement, SKB, KDGJ, 2 invisible), 971 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,467
Posts545,110
Members14,409
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Sidelock
Sidelock

Mike B., I've done both and enjoyed both and the shooters in "Bench Rest Skeet" are not as bad as you make them out to be, just not quite in a league with the I-Skeet competitors. I have refereed NSSA for years and have not experienced begged targets.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Mike, interesting experiences. Here in Iowa, we're wondering whether our up and coming shooting star Haley Dunn will get the Olympic skeet slot over Kim Rhode. It's a shame we can only send one.

Sidelock
Sidelock

eightbore, I apologise to you and the 99% of NSSA shooters who are salt of the earth. I took one bad experience, I guess and let it colour my judgement. I suppose what I was trying to say, not very well, was that the top shooters in NSSA, as well as the top shooters in International Skeet and Trap are class acts and do not run around telling people how bloody marvellous they are, they do not have to. We know.
Larry, yes,well Haley came on the scene after I quit refereeing at the top level due to vision difficulties, but I do follow the progress of the USA Shooting guys and girls even today. I have refereed Kim Rhode since she was sixteen, she is a super shooter, and like you, I think it is a shame USA Shooting can't send both to China. I think the high spot of my career as an Olympic judge over the years was getting to know Lloyd Woodhouse, the USA Olympic shotgun coach. If there is a classier guy around, I have yet to meet him
Mike

Sidelock
Sidelock

My God, it's a game, and it's for fun! Bayond that, who can possibly care, or why? Sheesh.

The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits. - Albert Einstein
Sidelock
Sidelock

I can see where you are coming from, Joe, but I wouldn't take it so seriously. If you guys shoot trap, you see so many guys who have been shooting for 40 years and they are still up on the closest handicap. I have been shooting for 6-7 years and have a 2-3 yard handicap over them. They go out and shoot registered targets and intentionally miss targets so they can shoot short yardage in the tournaments. It is like someone who cheats at golf, or anything else. Don't you want to know how good you honestly are? Like I always said, anytime there is money involved........ But I don't worry that much about what someone else does. The guys who have the longest handicap are the best shooters. You know who the good ones and the bad ones are.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Oh!! And as far as so many people claiming to be SEALS. I believe they now have a website giving their names to weed out the impostures.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.