April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
4 members (fullandfuller, Karl Graebner, CJF, 1 invisible), 1,036 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,467
Posts545,124
Members14,409
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Sidelock
Sidelock

Sidelock
Sidelock

Good friend has a provision route in NYC.At the 43rd street market,where all the provison companies buy, is a business that has a few trucks with the the motto
"You can't beat our meat" painted on them.

Last edited by Dave K; 02/06/08 08:48 PM.

Hillary For Prison 2018
Sidelock
Sidelock

Wait a minute, this guy says he wants our numbers so he can look us up. I haven't seen his number yet. How about it, Old Joe? NSSA/NSCA Life, 88831/502975, pretty much retired. I showed you mine, now you show me yours. Yes, I was writing the big check before the invention of dirt.

Old Joe,

A guy gets into M-class by winning AA class with at least 5 AA shooters at an NSCA event at least 16 times in 2 years time, pretty tough to do anymore. If a guy accomplishes that I think he should be proud of himself, I don't think many expect YOU to be proud of them though. As uncomfortable as I am giving unsolicited shooting advice, I will offer you the best pearl I received: If you're worried about anybody elses scores, you're done.
As you shoot more registered sporting clays you will experience bad days,if you haven't already. You'll find that M-Class guys have them too,bad months, and bad years. New guns,new jobs, new hips,new glasses, new medicines, new techniques, new wives, all things that could easily keep a guy from getting a punch in a year. That aside, many of the guys you see scoring at the bottom of Master Class would punch out of AA in a matter of months if they downgraded. There are even guys who, if they drop 10 birds and know they're out of it, make sure they drop another 15 or so to try and get a good "Lewis" number. Shocking, I know!

Some days I'm just as likely to shoot a 72 as a 92 but I'm not a real Master class shooter, We just call ourselves "local" Masters. It doesn't mean that on a good day one of us can't, wont, or haven't, beaten the best of them, just that day-in, day-out the big dogs win. We aren't that bad, they are just that GOOD!

It's not climbing Mt. Everest assuredly, most guys could do it given the time, money and inclination. There are guys in ALL of the NSCA classes that don't accept downgrades every year, a few possibly for ego issues, the vast majority because they don't think it would be fair to the class below them. I do registration at our club monthly events and a last week a 77 year old man told me to leave him in C class becuse all his buddies were in C class. I'd feel pretty crappy telling him no-go, wouldn't you?

ps. You'll also learn,there is definately more of a problem with people avoiding class UPgrades than downgrades. That is the situation that is unfair to the up-and-comers. Go to a big Blast event and check out the D-class winner with a pair of 91s for the weekend. Then check out his records,I guarantee then you'll have something to rant about.

pps,I got 14 punches last year so don't investigate me, please.

8 bore's right show us yours Joe! 535433

Last edited by concguy; 02/06/08 09:17 PM.
Old Joe Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Post deleted by Old Joe

We just want to monitor your progress, OldJoe. You know, make sure you're paying attention and all! Give it up!

Sidelock
Sidelock

I guess it's a matter of "class" I knew a lot of my father's generation who served with the British Army during WWII who were Marine Commandos, Special Ops, SOE, etc who would never talk about what they did, and an Air Force uncle of mine who had to go to Buckingham Palace to be awarded a Distinguished Flying Cross from King George VI himself, and would not even tell my dad where he was going, he was embarrased by the whole thing.
When he got back he did say to my dad who wondered where he went, he said "up to Buck House for a gong I did not deserve"
Well, he sank a heavily armed Italian MTB off Malta (which was about to torpedo a Brit merchant vessel loaded with tanks and fuel),in a Spitfire, with gunfire, dived down and had just about had his plane shredded about him, spent a while in a raft.....never would talk about it because the fuss embarrassed him. Pretty classy guy.
I spent many years as an Olympic class Field referee, did many World Cups, two Olympics, USA Shooting Shotgun spring and fall matches man those guys and girls at the top are so classy.
Never bother a ref, too focussed on their game. Brett Erickson, step up and take a bow, Kim Rhode, Connie Schiller, Terry DeWitt, Lance Bade, Josh Lakatos, Shaun Dulohery, Todd (Fuzz)Graves, Dom Grazioli, Cindy Gentry, Shari Legate, Joetta Novinsky, Cindy Shenberger, thanks for being so classy and making our referee's job so easy in the hot sun.
I did go slumming once, when we had the NSSA Skeet Championships in Winnipeg, Canada, my home town. I got pressed into helping out as a referee. I used to shoot that geezer game before I went into International skeet.
I had no fun at that NSSA shoot because of the begging for targets, I could not believe it. "Ref that bird, (station 7) was way outside and it was broken as well!"
Then why did you shoot at it instead of lowering your gun and putting you hand up? I said. Then one of his squad got pretty loud and horrible and accused me of being blind and stupid, and some worse things, so I handed him the button and told him if he was so .....clever he could referee and I left the field and went home.
So it's a matter of class, I like classy people, they are nice to be around
hoo

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Old Joe
...people can search, discoiver his real name and then look him up on the NSCA website to verify his class. You can look backward for about 6 years worth of shooting and see if the person has earned any punches. If not you can be assured he has declined a class reduction and is really not a Masrter level shooter.

You really need to get a life... and a spell checker.

Mark

A sailor's creed - "If you can't tie good knots, tie lots of 'em."
Sidelock
Sidelock

I was thinking the EXACT same thing...
Best,
Ted

Sidelock
Sidelock

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.