Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Old Joe Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Post deleted by Joe

Last edited by Old Joe; 02/15/08 11:08 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

I thought there were just shooters, some better than others, Joe. What distinguishes the better is their character and willingness to help others. We may admire Masters for their prowess but "looking up" to them is deference if they lack other personal qualifications. Shooters deserving of our respect are easy to spot. I don't know why you should give a tinker's dam about the classification of Masters, qualified or otherwise. Regards, King

Sidelock
Sidelock

I agree with King. I don't shoot sporting clays, so maybe I should sit quietly, but I have to say that I am quicker to take advice from an older ,wiser man (who might have "lost a step")than from a younger hot shot. I don't wish to offend anyone, but I have never met a young wise man. If you wanted to learn how to be a good wide receiver, would you go to T.O.? I'd rather go to a retired wide receiver....or maybe even to an old coach who never played but was a good observer. Mike h

Sidelock
Sidelock

King, as usual, your style is master class and that can't be looked up in a list or found on a punch card..

Sidelock
Sidelock

I shoot sporting clays from time to time just to have fun! I see other shooters who are better than I am, and a few not so good. Makes no difference to me, we all are enjoying a game of shooting, and we all support our second amendment rights!

Sidelock
Sidelock

While I suppose I understand taking offense to someone claiming to be what they're not, it happens all the time in most everything. This seems pretty insignificant in the overall scheme of things. Can't really see why anyone would care, let alone go to the trouble to research it. Sounds like Joe might have a particular personal ax to grind. JMHO.

Last edited by Fin2Feather; 02/06/08 03:56 PM.

The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits. - Albert Einstein
Old Joe Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Post deleted by Old Joe

Sidelock
Sidelock

Some of the very best shooters don't shoot registered anything. Not everyone feels the need for formal competition, many of us get a full measure of competition at work and use shooting as a stress valve.

My old pal Gary could pull his beat up 1100 out of his truck bed any old day and hit everything they could throw him while laughing, chewing tobacco, and telling stories. Master class? You bet.

This is just a game. My heros persue other endeavors, like riding rockets or serving in Iraq.

"The price of good shotgunnery is constant practice" - Fred Kimble
Sidelock
Sidelock

I guess I can understand Old Joe wanting to protect the Masters rating. If any one of us was striving to achieve a goal we considered lofty/worthy it would be irritating to learn others were simply claiming, rather than earning, the same goal. However I learned long ago there are no perfect humans so each must be evaluated on more than titles.

Sidelock
Sidelock

As an angler and avid fly fisherman, I know most of the top level competitors and I really get mad when someone on the list denies that they are a Master Baiter.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.