May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
5 members (MattH, Jtplumb, Birdog, Argo44, 1 invisible), 232 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,537
Posts546,028
Members14,420
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Sidelock
Sidelock

I'm not so sure just buying any old gun will do to. There are a few makes that hold their own, and there's a whole heap that'll not have much interest.
A high condition Low to mid-grade vintage American would be a good bet, and anything from Europe proper wouldn't.
If you want to rid yourself of that fine London Sle gun, this'll be the time to do so maties - London is so expensive!
So...if I went to buy a gun tomorrow, it would be the best original Parker Vhe smallbore I could find and the same could be said for a AH Fox Sterlingworth in some rare form or other.
Cash is king, condition is king and the obscure is too obscure.

Last edited by Lowell Glenthorne; 02/02/08 01:35 AM.
JM Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Kevin Springman
I agree and I am buying one tomorrow from the UK.

Same here, I've been looking at a Joseph Lang Imperial. Waiting to here some answers to some questions that I sent by email.

Anytime you find what you want is the time to buy a gun, IMHO!

Sidelock
Sidelock

I hope you guys have a good experience....I hear the UK is the land of no return.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I have not been burned yet. Homework is the key, but there is almost some element of risk as anywhere else, just need to minimize it as best you can.

Sidelock
Sidelock

When the culture, is no longer our culture, some new money man will buy my rural property. He will use it as a hedge againts a future of - takin'it to the street.
My family and I have sold-off some of our country properties - knowing what I know now, I wouldn't have invested a nickel in the market!
The returns are that great, and just think of all the fun I've had with it before the sale.

Sidelock
Sidelock

John,

I just jumped most of my investment to bonds this morning but I plan to jump back in before it goes up........famous last words.

Besides, I will have to work forever anyway and cannot think of another gun that I could use for after getting my last two from you.

I am at the SHOT show. Call me on my cell if you are here.

Kevin McMichael

Sidelock
Sidelock

So John - how many Mossbergs did you buy?
Maxey

Boxlock
Boxlock

So Mr. Boyd,

You mentioned you were buying guns as a personal investment and recommending others consider doing so for the pleasure of the gun and the potential upside. In your opinion what guns are good bets to appreciate into the future (assuming proper care and inital quality), what would you personally recommend for a hedge portfolio. Finally if it's not too personal to ask what are you accumulating?

Ken

Spoken like true gundealers! I agree I have never lost in any gun deal over time but as I hold my prestine parker VH it's letter says it was bought for just less than 75.00 in 1925 and I know it's worth at least 4K now what would 75.00 worth of 1925 standard oil stock be worth now!

Integrity is like virginity, only you can give it away and only once!
Sidelock
Sidelock

...or $75 worth of land??????

John,
As long as a person's finances are in good shape, I say go for it. But, buying guns for investments seems like it has as many pitfalls as the stock market. Right now I'm investing as much as I can in Boeing stock as I feel it's undervalued and will rebound (and has) due to the company's unprecedented backlog of contracts/orders and diversification. All that information can be found in the media.

Last edited by Chuck H; 02/02/08 11:17 AM.
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.