May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
5 members (Tamid, Thymepeace, James Flynn, 2 invisible), 265 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,537
Posts546,015
Members14,420
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Look, many of you know I do this for a living and have for 30 years. So do not be confused by thinking I am trying to sell you something here. It makes no difference if you buy from me(I would prefer it) or someone else.

Here is my point: if you are in the stock market like I have been, you have seen your portfolio drop about 8 -15%.

Second, CD rates are in the crapper. I have some that I had at 4.5 to 5.10% they have be coming due and the new rates today are from 1.38-3.89. A couple places are offering a promo rate of 4.00 for 10K min.

Why put your funds in things now that are paying nothing. Buying some nice guns that you can use and enjoy and have some appreciation is better that having money in low yield investments.

I am not saying to clean out what you have got and put it in guns, but I feel now with the low yields, its a great time to buy.

Outside of business inventory, I did not buy guns just for investments, but I have done it now. I know what I purchased for my personal use will return me more that the measley yields in todays stock market or on CDs, or money market funds.

So just think about it

Stay Well,

John Boyd

John Boyd
Quality Arms Inc
Houston, TX
713-818-2971
Sidelock
Sidelock

I agree and I am buying one tomorrow from the UK. Looks like I found my hammer gun.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Glad to hear it. Enjoy it!

Best,
Milt

So many guns, so little time!
Sidelock
Sidelock

Geez Kevin, don't leave us in suspense, whatcha buyin'?

Sidelock
Sidelock

Nothing wrong with diversification but there are some securities that pay a good bit more (oil trusts like SJT pay over 7@ and FRO a tanker company pays over 14% as well as some dryshippers)but the market is indeed iffy untill this bond insurer issue is straightened out and then we have the very real possibility of a Dem in the WH to deal with along with a Fed that is way behind.
I just ordered a AR 15 with all the nasty stuff that libs will ban (6 position stock,bayonet lug,flash hider) and see the price double,maybe time to go to class III investments too!Guns ammo and Gold will always have value.

Last edited by Dave K; 02/02/08 07:57 AM.

Hillary For Prison 2018
Sidelock
Sidelock

Far afield, but some of the overseas CD's are paying what is in effect 10-11%. Bought correctly they can even be backed by FDIC. The only major risk is if the dollar gets stronger before your CD matures you could loose value when you convert from overseas currency back to dollars. I do not see any major risk of the dollar getting real strong in the next year or so but if it does I might regret my investment. If the dollar gets weaker I will come out smelling like a rose.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Hope you make enought to buy a camera...

Anytime is a good time to buy a gun. I have a new old one on the way.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I am buying the Samuel Mathews on the Cotswood gun site. The gun is still within original proofs and has had very little use. It is a best grade gun from a maker that few have ever heard of. Dig is checking it out for me, but it sounds like a keeper.

Sidelock
Sidelock

By the time it gets here it will have to be a keeper.

Sidelock
Sidelock

WELL SAID JOHN BOYD ! At one time I had my romance with the stock market. I was even securities licensed for about 15 years. Series 6,63 & 26. After loosing a ton of money & persuading others to do the same I finally figured out that investing in the market was a lot like going to Las Vegas or Atlantic City except I didn't get free drinks.

My investments are now in land and guns. I've never lost money in either one and they are both things that I can look at, use & enjoy and when my time here is through I can pass on something other than a pile of stock certificates. This is just one man's opinion but it works for me.

Best Regards, George

To see my guns go to www.mylandco.com Select "SPORTING GUNS " My E-Mail palmettotreasure@aol.com
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.