May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
7 members (canvasback, AGS, Pwog, 3 invisible), 663 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,508
Posts545,633
Members14,419
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Flushed two last Sunday (Oct. 29) on the Nemadji SF in Minnesota. Four hours' walking, three grouse flushes, one bagged. Still waiting for the cycle to recycle.

Sample my new book at http://www.theweemadroad.com
Sidelock
Sidelock

Saw 3-4 timber doodles this last weekend in north central Wisconsin. I also thought they would be out of here by now. It was pretty cold, especially on Sunday morning at 22 degrees!

This year has been the best year I have ever seen for grouse. We have seen 15-25 grouse each day for the 6 days I have hunted. Threw a lot of lead and had a few fabulous meals of grouse breasts cooked with olive oil, butter, fresh garlic and a mushroom+wine sauce over wild rice. After washing this down with a little Aborlour scotch and a good nights sleep I was ready for another 8 mile hike.

Tom C

�There are some who can live without wild things and some who cannot.�
Aldo Leopold
Sidelock
Sidelock

I saw one Oct 29 in northern Mn near Dora Lake. Dwight Beske

Sidelock
Sidelock

While pheasant hunting last Saturday, one of my springers flushed a woodcock from a barely damp creekbed in southern Minnesota farm country. Don't often see them in these parts.

Boxlock
Boxlock

Dogs flushed five last Wednesday, along the WI, MN border, three of which landed in my vest. Limited out the previous weekend as well. Saw an interesting thing back in the woods: a bear had climbed about 20 ft. up a beaver chewed poplar. The bear's weight caused the tree to fall toward the side the bear was on, killing him. I turned on my GPS, marked the spot, went back to the car to get a camera and relocated the spot for some photos. Also got some wonderful shots of my three cockers with three woodcock. Once at home, I managed to goof and delete all the photos except the bear ones and a single, not so good one of Merlin, Gryphon and Cooper, my three cockers, and a woodcock. Oh well, it is the fleeting moments of birds and dogs in the woods that are emblazzoned in the memory. The photos never quite live up to the experience anyway.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Was hunting all day Sunday just south of Alpena on state land and flushed about 8-10 pat, only bagging two myself(brothers and friends also got a few). Havent seen a woodcock for about a week now on my property or state land, but obviously from the posts, they may still be around. I would think the frosts we got would chase em south but there must be some stragglers. I thought I saw a woodcock while pheasant hunting but I think it was a killdeer, maybe?

Last edited by CMWill; 10/31/06 06:17 PM.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Still had quite a few around Mon. temp mid 60s. Would imagine most are gone, temp this morn mid 20s and looks like the rest of the week going to be cold. Was hoping to get out one more time.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.