May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
4 members (CJF, Tim Wolf, TominPittsburgh, RWG), 395 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,532
Posts545,949
Members14,420
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Jimmy W #79364 01/25/08 08:18 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Jimmy W
And for those of you who think you are going to BUY a gun from a dealer, have it arrive as was described, PLUS have it get there safely, well, you must be a blond. Good luck.

Jimmy . . .

God gave my wife and my daughter blond hair, your insinuation that they don’t get it is just downright demeaning.

builder #79400 01/25/08 11:25 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

I had a conversation with a high up directer of UPS a few years ago. They have had a couple of problems with individuals shipping guns via UPS.

Here is what they have experienced

One gun that he recanted was loaded in the shipping box. The boxed was dropped, probably off the belt or something, who knows. It discharged. No one was hurt, luckly. He know of this happening at least once and said he thinks he heard of another case.

Second, they have found in the past individuals selling guns to out of state residents, shipping them directly to non-licensed individuals. A violation of federal law. In this case when the feds became involved to charge the individuals, UPS had to become involved to supply shipping records and to testify in these cases. Even thought UPS did nothing wrong, they did not want to have the hassle of the situation. Which I can not blame them. So yes, its more difficult to send guns via UPS unless you are set up for it as a regular account.

I fully believe that in the near present that as an individual you will only be able to send guns through an FFL dealer

John Boyd

John Boyd
Quality Arms Inc
Houston, TX
713-818-2971
arrieta2 #79638 01/26/08 10:22 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Not to be disrespectful to you, John, but I can only take this director's statement to mean: (1) That they knew there was a gun being shipped so they (accidently)(?) dropped it. And he THINKS he heard of another time it happened. Did he happen to mention from what elevation it was (accidently) dropped? (2)They had to supply records for a court case to trace a package, because this is what they are being paid to do and they got upset about it? (3) According to the stories we hear on these boards, this gives them the right to retaliate against ALL people who want to legally ship a gun, by elevating the package on one end to a certain degree so a towmotor can break it in half when it is (accidently)run over/or they can unscrew all the screws that hold the case together, steal the contents, then put the crate back together in a sloppy manner and say that is the way it was shipped originally.....Well, this director has surely put my mind at ease.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.