May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
2 members (graybeardtmm3, 1 invisible), 210 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,545
Posts546,124
Members14,420
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Sidelock
Sidelock

Luvly brace of side-plated guns. Just look at the proportions, sooooo svelte. Hey, there is no big 20br actions with tiny barrels sticking out and engraving appears to be Homo sapiens with "hammer und chisel".
Gander Mtn. where I got bunch of 28ga shells got some of them s-plated CZ-marketed guns with birdy names. They look like pretty good guns.

Sidelock
Sidelock

That is a good-looking pair, and fairly well matched for off-the-shelf guns.

BTW - They are box-locks with "false" sideplates. De Haan and CZ have similar models, a "Base" model w/o the false sideplates and with 2 triggers, and an "upscale" model with the false side plates and a SST. De Haan called them SO and S2, CZ calls them Bobwhite and I believe Ringneck. De Haan's are hard chrome finished, most white but a few black, while the CZ's are all case colored, I believe.

Like the 28 Ga? Check it out:

28 Ga. Society
BPGuy #79104 01/23/08 06:56 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Thanks guys it's always nice get the approval of this bunch, especially seeing that they are "budget" guns. You're right they are a pretty close match being off the rack. The 28 is a bit lighter and pretty straight grained. Yes they are side plate guns, and hard chromed. I wish they were a little less bright, but maybe time will do that. They are hand chiseled. The two have very subtle differences in the engraving. The barrel selectors are different on them also. The CZ and the DeHaan guns that are colored are more of a "paint on" and not really cased. The .410 is really stunning in person. They both have great lines and swing nicely. They fit me very well at 14 1/2" lop even with my "monkey arms". Dehaan uses 5 different receivers in their line, so each receiver is gauge specific.

The .410 was the most important of the two. The first gun my Dad bought me was a single shot JC Higgins .410. Dad died in Oct. and as a tribute to him I bought the last gun I would get from him with part of an insurance pay out. I thought it would be fitting to have it be a .410, a nice one, and to add my own touch, it would be a double.

I'm sure he's smilin' down.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.