May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
8 members (Der Ami, graybeardtmm3, Jason Dubois, Hammergun, 3 invisible), 266 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,547
Posts546,157
Members14,423
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#77065 01/11/08 11:09 AM
cowtown Offline OP
OP Offline

Has anyone heard or read any reports or, for that matter, shot any of the new "Remington" premier shotguns?

I see they are made in Italy (almost look like they may be from F.A.I.R.). I took a look at one last evening and it looked nicer than I thought and the fit and finish seemed adequate (again, it is no high end shotgun from Europe).

Thanks!

Sidelock
Sidelock

American built Ruger Red label hold up alot better!!!
All the best

Last edited by treblig1958; 01/11/08 03:58 PM.
cowtown Offline OP
OP Offline

Thanks a ton!
I was just curious as to their origin.
I am saving my pennies for the up and coming Arms show in Calgary in March/April and will see what items are present at that time. Holt's auction house usually has some nice doubles to look at and sell to unsuspecting newbies like myself.

Again, thanks for your input.

Sidelock
Sidelock

just curious. precisely what do you use as a basis for saying they're "junk"? i've never owned an Italian gun that was junk or anywhere near it.

i've owned one red lable and while there was nothing wrong with it i was so totally underwhelmed i never considered buying another.

so how many of these italian remingtons have you fired, tested, handled, shot, hunted with, worked on, had to have worked on, known buddies who've owned, etcetc that allows such a qualitative statement as "they're junk"? throw some backup data in there. otherwise your statement isn't worth the electrons used in making it appear on screen.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I don't know why I'd buy an Izzi Rizzi from Remmy, but the comparison to a RRL deserves the flame.

Cowtown, I think you should compare the Remington quality and prices to Berreta, not a pressure treated 4x4

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Yeti
I don't know why I'd buy an Izzi Rizzi from Remmy...

Sabatti. The "Remington" is made by Sabatti.

I'd prefer a 28ga Red Label myself.

Last edited by erik meade; 01/11/08 01:14 PM.
cowtown Offline OP
OP Offline

I have seen a lot of personal opinions of what these shotguns 'might' be like, but I have not yet heard from anyone who has actually shot one.

I, again, appreciate the opinions, however strong they are. I will throw in my 2 cents worth and say that I am not a fan of Rugers. They are quite capable, but they are not to my liking. That does not make them junk or poorly made....I just simply prefer a Browning or Beretta over the Ruger.

Now, and this was addresed earlier in the year so let's not re-hash it, if Remington could get their head wrapped around the idea of re-issuing the 3200, and in a sub-gauge version, then I think this 'conversation' would be going a different direction.

The fact is that Remington obviously feels it is better economics to outsource the build of a double gun and focus their local efforts on rifles and repeating shotguns.

Anyway, that was overly long-winded, so I will conlude that it is great to hear the varied points of view from this forum.

Thanks again.

Last edited by cowtown; 01/11/08 01:33 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

so now i'm a fool simply because i often buy stuff that's not made in America. gotcha. i now know all i need to know about you.

you live in GA abt 20 yrs ago? was a guy once at a gun show who picked up a japanese browning off my table. looked at it. said "d--- jap junk!" and literally threw it back down. breeding shows. we discussed that briefly and he didn't misunderstand anything i said.

you know, calling someone a fool - or anything else - under those circumstances is completely unnecessary. you have nothing whatsoever of qualitative value to back anything up that you say. it's just a dogmatic POV. your claim is still irrational. you might not like it because it's made elsewhere but that still doesn't make it junk.

and if we follow your logic, since cowtown is in alberta, he should be buying a canadian made shotgun instead of an RRL that's a piece of junk simply because it's not made in canada.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Post deleted by Pinduck

NRA Life Member 1969
OGCA
Sidelock
Sidelock

"just curious. precisely what do you use as a basis for saying they're "junk"? i've never owned an Italian gun that was junk or anywhere near it.

i've owned one red lable and while there was nothing wrong with it i was so totally underwhelmed i never considered buying another.

so how many of these italian remingtons have you fired, tested, handled, shot, hunted with, worked on, had to have worked on, known buddies who've owned, etcetc that allows such a qualitative statement as "they're junk"? throw some backup data in there. otherwise your statement isn't worth the electrons used in making it appear on screen."

REMINGTON, AMERICA'S OLDEST GUN IMPORTER. Since they've changed their policies it's about time they changed their motto(REMINGTON, AMERICA'S OLDEST GUNMAKER). Anyone who really knows very much about shotguns(or anything else) can tell quality by looking at the product. The idea that one should not be allowed to offer an opinion on something without buying one is pure nonsense. Most of what any of us write here is just opinions. That's what the forum is all about. How many Sabatti Remingtons have YOU owned?

> Jim Legg <

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.