May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
5 members (dogon, halifax, Jeremy Pearce, Der Ami, 1 invisible), 374 guests, and 8 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,536
Posts546,007
Members14,420
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Sidelock
Sidelock

C & R is a nice thing to have. Do not think that you are going to sell guns as a business under one. That will get you all types of attention from BATF. It is intended to make collecting much easier for us as collectors.

Mine has been a great help for the last five or so years that I have had it. What makes me mad are sellers who refuse to accept it and will not even read the regulations. I know some state laws conflict with the use of C & R but I run into some dealers who have flat out refused to ship to me even though there is not any legit reason to do so. They still have the guns that they refused to ship for all that I now or care. Life is too short to deal with stupid people if you have other options and the net is full of guns that I still need and want.

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

The world is full of FFL holders who haven't a clue what their rules are, and getting fuller. Some adamantly insist that they will not receive a gun(interstate) for you, unless it is shipped BY an FFL. Wrong. Some others will not hand you a copy of their license so you can mail it to the seller. What do they think you will or can do with it, other than the intended use? I would never ask or do anything that might jeopardize an FFL's license but it's darned annoying that so many are ignorant of the proper rules. What does it prove to them or anyone else that an interstate firearm to be transferred comes FROM an FFL? Nothing! The shipping FFL doesn't run a background check on the seller! The only important thing is that the background check on the new owner is properly done, as needed.
I started this thread just as a length of time update. However, it always brings out a few wrong answers and misinformation. Please, everyone, if you want to know the fine details about this subject, go to the ATF website and read the FAQs for youself. Now that I are one(C & R), I may not ever even use it. I'm trying to buy a new truck.
Thanks and Merry Christmas to all,

> Jim Legg <

Sidelock
Sidelock

It's true that the Fed regs don't require that the seller provide an FFL copy to the receiving FFL but if that's the way they want to do it, then so be it. Also, some state laws may require it. NY does for handgun transactions and for handguns received for gunsmithing work if coming from out of state. Also, a license copy provided to an individual could be used to purchase a firearm by presenting it and the person represents themselves as the licensee. If no further ID check of the person is done, and there usually isn't at most GunShow transactions, then the firearm is purchased by a nonlicensee with someone elses FFL. Not what I want happening with my FFL if I can prevent it. It can still happen though with all the copys that change hands and the number of people involved. Stamping or writing over the copy in large letters 'File Copy For XXXX' with the other licensee's name/shop is one way to try and keep the copy from being reused for other than it's intended purpose. A clean copy can quite easily be altered and recopyied with new dates, addresses,names with a handy computer person and passed off as an original. FFL EZ Chex will check the validity of 01 FFL but does not have 03's in the file. When receiving a firearm and booking it in, I like to have some good soild ID of where it came from. If you've ever been through a BATF FFL audit or a BATF gun trace, you'll know why. If not, some advice is to make sure you have that solid aquisition information in the book. just my .02,,thanks

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.