May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
4 members (Themauserkid, 3 invisible), 270 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,537
Posts546,021
Members14,420
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Sidelock
Sidelock

$30 for 3 yrs

Sidelock
Sidelock

Raimey,
quite sure many of us here who have them will help you if you decide to go the C&R route but if you want to research it more I have also found this site helpful.
http://parallaxscurioandrelicfirearmsforums.yuku.com/forum/view/id/113
Best
Dave K

Hillary For Prison 2018
Sidelock
Sidelock

I had a visit from ATF the year following receipt of my C&R license. This was also the year following 9/11.

The young lady ATF Agent was very polite and professional. She called for an appointment that was convenient...was prompt in her arrival...asked to see bound book and guns listed in bound book...made a cursory examination to see if guns listed in bound book matched the guns I showed her...asked how guns were stored.

She made no attempt to record the guns listed in book or that I showed her. The whole thing took about 15 minutes and they haven't been back since.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I'm on my 4th renewal, never had a problem. They also visited me once, also right after 9/11. My experience was similar to Griz', they called for an appointment that was at my convenience, showed up on time, just wanted to go over the rules and asked if I had any questions. Didn't ask to see any guns, I asked them to make sure I was keeping the proper records. Good experience. I've called my agent a few times with questions and gotten the answers promptly.

My problem lies in reconciling my gross habits with my net income.
- Errol Flynn
Sidelock
Sidelock

Just sent in my renewal for three more years. It was nice that you can have a mailing address separate from the premises where your collection is kept. If you are interested in C&R licenses you might look at the website http://www.cruffler.com It may not be all that up to date but it is a good overview.

Bob

Last edited by Bob Blair; 12/18/07 10:28 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

I just got my renewal form and one of the questions ask is how many of the guns you bought using the license have you sold. It plainly states that this license does not give you to the right to conduct a business of selling firearms! Only buying the ones that qualify! You do not have to have the license to sell your guns to a quailfied buyer or FFL holder. Bobby

Sidelock
Sidelock

That's a new question, wasn't on my renewal last year.

My problem lies in reconciling my gross habits with my net income.
- Errol Flynn
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

A C & R License allows you to receive C & R firearms interstate directly to your home, without the service of an FFL in your state. The guns do not have to come FROM an FFL, whether you have a C & R license or not. The idea that a gun must be shipped BY or FROM an FFL is pure CRAP, concocted by some FFL holders who haven't a clue what the rules are. An FFL or a C & R is
required on the (interstate)RECEIVING END ONLY. A C & R holder does not have to play the Brady games, or fill out a 4473(for C & R guns). C & R guns are mainly guns made more than 50 years ago. Many others are also on the C & R list because of uniqueness or other collectibility status. It does not allow you to be "in the gun dealer business". You can not receive interstate shipments for other people. If you are receiving non-C & R guns interstate, you still need to have an FFL receiver, just like everyone else. As is often stated, you can go to the ATF site and get the correct answers for yourself, instead of some of the incorrect stuff that pops up in every thread like this.

> Jim Legg <

Sidelock
Sidelock

Jim,
Your applic was processed pretty quickly. When I got mine 3 yrs ago, I was flabbergasted that it only took about 3 weeks if I recall.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Jim,
what did you end up doing with that 7a and 7b Acquisitions and dispositions number question on the renewal? They evidently left out the 03FFL not required to fill that out letter this time.
Dave

Hillary For Prison 2018
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.