May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
6 members (12boreman, welder, HalfaDouble, Mike Harrell, 2 invisible), 339 guests, and 8 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,523
Posts545,806
Members14,420
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 15 of 17 1 2 13 14 15 16 17
Sidelock
Sidelock

Kerryman...he could have just let me speak softly to Beagle and offered counterpoint, instead he thought he needed to teach me a lesson...he even admitted it...so he "took me to the mat" over a spelling error...

Tell me, who has the right to teach another member a lesson in manners? Now, who has the right to teach another member a loeeson in manners while troweling out unsubstantiated crap out of the other side of their face?

Darnation,
Thank you for answering directly, it wasn't the answer I had hoped for, but honesty trumps hopes...I wouldn't want anyone to answer untruthfully...so thank you...at least you answered with reason...we will never reach a proficient level of understanding unless we compare evidence (contrary or similar)

Supposing he decides to start teaching the members at GournetUSA/DarneUSA Forum lessons in manners...how would that be?

Larry needs to apologize to everyone...and without capping it off with a sideways insult, as he did last time...

He needs to know that it is not his place to be teaching manner lessons...

How many others has he done this to?

Sidelock
Sidelock

Geo Newburn,
Please please delete the part about John Mann...I had mistaken him for JMann who, along with MP and KCrowley, sent me off to some non-existant CIA history museum...John Mann says that I have mistaken him, other members took the time to email me assuring me that he could not be the same JMann...I was totally out of line...please delete Johns name from your post...he's an honorable guy...please

Darnation, Are you catching this? Some members at this board don't mind in the least that they cook up misleading evidence. They see it as funny or entertaining...I now lump Larry in with that bunch...his ego has allowed him to become a liability...

Last edited by Robert Chambers; 12/17/07 08:09 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

ENTNAC . . . that'd be an Entrance National Agency Check, Robert? Wow . . . please impress me with your military intelligence credentials. Well, I'll see your rookie ENTNAC and raise you one each major league TS-SBI. That'd be Top Secret, based on a Special Background Investigation. Still have my copy, Robert, amongst a bunch of other old Army papers. It's the last one I had, DA Form 873. Date final clearance granted: 6 Feb 92. Granted, like all other military TS clearances, by the Central Clearance Facility, Ft. Meade, MD. Had a TS clearance, continuously, from 1968-98, when I retired from the USAR.

And if you want to check the validity of your BS about my background, Robert . . . you can get some confirmation from public sources. Try "Army Intelligence in the Guard and Reserves 1948-1998", Morris Publishing, Kearney, NE. 800-650-7888. If you get a copy, check out p. 115, concerning the Joint Reserve Intelligence Support Element (JRISE). Concerning which: "Colonel Larry Brown, commander of the 469th Strategic MI Detachment based at Fort Snelling, Minnesota, was named as the Acting Director of Joint Operations." So there I am, for anyone to see, in a published (and unclassified) source.

As for working for the CIA . . . how about a letter from the CIA's Publications Review Board, regarding a draft manuscript I submitted to them (as required of all former CIA personnel), and in response to which they say: "The Board has identified information in your manuscript which, if published by you, could hamper the Agency's ability to perform its intelligence collection functions. As an acknowledged former CIA officer . . . "

By way of calling your bluff on my background, Robert, I'd be more than willing to provide copies of those documents (and others) to any neutral party participating on this board. Not nice to call someone a liar, Robert. Something all too common in cyberspace, I find . . . much less common in "real" space.

As for having owned a Gastinne Renette . . . in fact, I've owned two shotguns so marked. One the aforementioned Petrik, which I subsequently sold to a REAL French shotgun expert named Gary Murphy (who did an article on French shotguns for Double Gun Journal). The other a boxlock. I'm sure some folks here know Gary Murphy, who would confirm the Petrik provenance (which I got from New England Arms before they went out of business). I'd give you Gary's phone number, Robert, but I wouldn't want him to be bothered by you.

You talk about backing things up with "reference", but the "reference" you cite as proof that Charlin made Darne-patent guns doesn't say that at all. Once more, you want to PROVE that Charlin made guns on the Darne patent . . . show us a Darne patent gun marked Charlin. Simple enough. Just like the "L'Abielle" you claimed to have, which turned out to be a "L'Abeille". And once again, when you get it wrong, you can't bring yourself to simply say "Woops, I goofed". You've got to attack the people that straightened out your mistakes.

Robert, you're one of those guys who, when in a hole, asks for a shovel so he can keep digging deeper. You're in way over your head--once again.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Larry I like everyones posts on here...and I believe you.

wOOd you guys like to see proof I was a brain surgeon ?

Sidelock
Sidelock

Some people should be allowed to choke on their own vomit by themselves. Eventually it's quiet.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Well, Mr Chambers, the devil is, or would appear to be, in the details.

You have confused two different makers, who sold guns built with different features, different grades, different markings, different patents used and, produced at different times, in different factories.

You have failed sliding breech 101. Geoffroy graded your paper and awarded you a big, fat F, right after I did.

My book might not be your's, but you still get the same grade after all.

You have posted that I believed Charlin came onto the scene in the 1950s, which, clearly, I never have or would. Since, as I pointed out a long way back, I own the same catalog (among others) showing Charlins in production long before that.

I'd ask where exactly did you get that nonsense, but, I suspect it simply doesn't matter at this point. There exist too many windmills that need tilting at in your mind.

It is a long thread, but, do tell where I ever posted that Charlin came along in the 1950s. Another hint-you will be looking a long, fruitless time.

Inspite of the fact that the original gun of the discussion is quite plainly, a
lower grade copy of an 1894 Regis Darne R model, you would have us believe otherwise. You would have had us believe that Charlin produced 1894 Darne copys, but, you were pretty much busted wide open on that.

I thought I read/wrote and spoke lousy French. You, my friend, have no clue, and have proven it, over and over, in this post.

You would have us believe that a clone gun is always inferior to the original, when, the evidence from sliding breech guns received from awards at exposition reveals quite the opposite.

I've simply never claimed to be an expert on anything, but, I think it is clear from the lack of understanding you have of the catalog items you post, to the confusion of distinct and separate makers, to simply dreaming up information that others posted in your nightmares, and calling it fact, you have a lot more to learn than you even know, and might need more than just help with your gun study.

Best of luck. You really need it.
Best,
Ted

Sidelock
Sidelock

Just trying to cheer them up...

Sidelock
Sidelock

B-dog, topics are not holy scripture - they take on a life of their own...and for most, this subject has been zzzzzzzzzzz!
If you want sole ownership of a topic - start your own BBS.
Don't sell-out for a fifty dollar piece of wood!

Sidelock
Sidelock

To change topic, let speak Abeille.
I though interesting or even very good the information page 13 from PeteM about a big dealer named Abeille. It could be very well be our guy. Please take a quick look.On p 13 you can click on the dustyoldbooks website.
PeteM said:
I do not want to wade into this. This is for beagledogxxx.

A search for L'ABIELLE Fusil turned up this catalog.
http://www.dustyoldbooks.com/cgi-bin/boo...logues&pg=1
Apparently this 1935 catalog says L'Abielle was a gun and ammunition maker. At least that is what I get from the description. They did make hammerless shotguns.... might be worth picking up if you have one of their guns.

Quote:

L'Abielle: - L'Abeille. Manufacture d'armes de chasse. Munitions Exportation.
(Paris, L'Abielle, ND [c1935].)
Paperback, black lettering. 225 x 155mm. pp20. Illustrated. Magnum (mono, type 200, 210, 215, Grand Luxe, Magnum Kerne), Armor, Luxe, accessoires de chasse, fusil hammerless, carabines de chasse et de tir, carabines de tir de precision, pistolet automatiques, fusil Kerne, tir aux pigeons artificiels, lunettes de visee, munitions. £20.00

g gournet
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Robert Chambers
Geo Newburn,
Please please delete the part about John Mann...I had mistaken him for JMann who, along with MP and KCrowley, sent me off to some non-existant CIA history museum...John Mann says that I have mistaken him, other members took the time to email me assuring me that he could not be the same JMann...I was totally out of line...please delete Johns name from your post...he's an honorable guy...please

OK, I un-ignored you again and I'm glad I did, since I see your apology to John Mann. I'll gladly delete that part of my post. As for the rest of it, I don't know why I have bothered to try...Geo

Page 15 of 17 1 2 13 14 15 16 17

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.