Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Sidelock
Sidelock

Here are a couple of photos I took this Fall which shows what Larry and Mike were discussing:

Here is an interesting one of a pheasant flushing and ejecting a "smoke" ring as it flushed.

These photos were taken at Springer trials held this Fall.

Regards - Ian Forrester
Sidelock
Sidelock

Very good illustrations of what I was referring to, Ian!

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I see what y'all meant when you mentioned a tail hooking. I will remember this info & put it to use. Thanks, ken

Ken Hurst
910-221-5288
Sidelock
Sidelock

I want to be a shooting model. Where do I apply? Jake

R. Craig Clark
jakearoo(at)cox.net
Sidelock
Sidelock

I would like to thank you all for the skinned birds and photos as, as Ken mentioned, it is my gun he is engraving. I notice that in Ian's pictures, especially one and three, its clear that those long tails seem to go in almost any direction!

Chicago - you mentioned my project, so I thought I would post a couple of pictures. Its an SX-1, very late serial number target grade with smooth sided receiver. I know this is a double gun site, so I hope you will forgive me posting auto pics (beside, data storage space is cheap these days! )

This is the left side of the receiver, and hence the inquiry into Pheasant geometry, with art overlaid on a picture of a factory Pigeon grade SX-1 I have. There is to be two pheasants if they will fit nicely, but at this point I am leaving all decisions of composition detail and proportion to Ken. He knows what aspects of this art interest me. Also, both Ken and I like better another example I had of short hairs so the dogs will be a little different, a little more dynamic of a pose. Finally, Ken has done a much more lush and interwined scroll on the gun and has left a bit more room for the game scenes than on the factory guns (which were also engraved by Ken's old company when he was contracted to do production work for Win).

Right side, we are staying with Wood ducks.

Blank being worked by Boone Berlin, purchased from Cecil Fredi

Gunsmithign to be done by Mr. Ernest Marlette who will also do some of the best high polish deep bluing I have ever seen, both receiver and barrel. Barrel is 28" vent rib thin wall choked by Briley for versitility.

Let me offer my thanks again to all for their help, although I know it was in response to Ken's request and reflects the respect we all have for him.

Last edited by Baron23; 11/20/07 06:42 PM.

Cheers

Stephen
Sidelock
Sidelock

Baron that is going to be one fantastic gun. Please please please post pictures when all it said and done!

Sidelock
Sidelock

Hi Storm - thank you very much...I certainly will post pics when completed, after all...this project has turned into a little bit of an obsession and what good is that if you don't get to show it off LOL

By the way, the animals will be gold inlay, I know some here think that a bit gouche, but on an auto with a very deep bluing I think it will look grand.

Cheers

Stephen
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Last Dollar and Jim --- I received the pheasant tails & wanted to thanks ya'll. These will go along ways in helping me to be more accurate in my work ---- Ken

Ken Hurst
910-221-5288
Sidelock
Sidelock

Baron23 and Ken:
I echo the aforementioned request for photos of end result. Great project and being an owner of a couple of GSP's I look forward to seeing end result. I never get enough of seeing Ken's work.

Mike

Sidelock
Sidelock

Very well thought out engraving. Lots of detail. Looks difficult.

-Shoot Straight, IM
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.