May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
9 members (Argo44, bushveld, Bill Davis, Der Ami, Birdog, 3 invisible), 476 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,498
Posts545,436
Members14,414
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Sidelock
Sidelock

Greg,
Unfortunately, Paul Harm has decided not to have the usual SxS event at the Lapeer Sportsman Club this year. A real loss for those who enjoyed it.
Karl

Sidelock
Sidelock

The SASSS Facebook site maintains a list of SxS shoots around the country. Great to hear about the huge turnout at the Gentleman's Cup.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Sidelock
Sidelock

Woods and Meadow Side by Side Classic
June 27-29, 2024
EVENT DETAILS
The main event is Friday and Saturday and must be shot with a side by side. It includes an 80-target Sporting Clays, 80-target Upland Double Flush, 30-target 5-Stand, and a 30-target Pigeon Ring. Main event is squadded and is limited to 150 people! Lewis class will be available.
Open shooting on Thursday includes a 14-station sporting clays course, a practice 5-stand, and the All Bore course. Any type of gun can be used on Thursday, except if shooting the All Bore course for score.
An additional side event will be available Friday and Saturday, as well as the All Bore course.
Onsite dry camping is available. No reservations are needed. Please look to our website for other lodging options in the area.
The clays course is just over a mile. If you are interested in renting a golf cart, please indicate so on your registration form. Otherwise, you are more than welcome to bring your own golf cart, ATV, or UTV.
Vendors are welcome. We will provide tables in our enclosed shop. If you need a separate tent, please let us know ahead of time.
Hamburgers and brats will be available for purchase during lunch time on Friday and Saturday. Saturday night we will bring in a local food truck that serves brisket and pulled pork. Payment for Saturday dinner should be sent in with your registration.
Visit our website for more information: woodsandmeadow.com
If you have any questions, please call the clubhouse at 608-378-4223 or email: woodsandmeadowclays@gmail.com

Woods and Meadow
N4335 Potter Rd.
Warrens, WI 54666
PRICING
Events
Price
Thursday

Sporting Clays (uses counter system)

Per Target
$0.40
100 Targets
approx. $40
Practice 5-Stand (25 targets)
$10
All Bore (30 targets)
$15
Maker's Challenge??
$15

Friday & Saturday

Main Event (220 targets)
$250
All Bore (30 targets)
$15
Maker's Challenge??
$15
Make-a-Break (24 targets)
$10

Main Event Lewis
$10
Saturday Dinner
$15

Sidelock
Sidelock

This isn't a SxS event but Back Forty puts on a bunny shoot this weekend and next. To say they are Not your typical rabbit targets is an understatement. The clays themselves might be rabbit clays but they are thrown, rolled dropped in all manner of ways. I normally hate rabbit targets but I went last year and had a blast. He usually draws over 300 shooters over the course of the 2 weekends. It cost $55 and includes lunch.

This ain't a dress rehearsal , Don't Let the Old Man IN
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Just my opinion.
Based on 35 years of SxS shoot attendance.
Every shoot but a couple that cost a shooter more than $100.00 (including shells) will struggle.

In the LP of MI we have many, mostly well attended, that acknowledge the reality that these customers are cost sensitive.
Fuel, cartridges, targets, and then rooms and meals, push the most ambitious shots away from attending.

The TofT shoot (great venue and people) was a perfect example of reaching too far.

I enjoyed shooting there, but I have good ears, and heard avg SxS shooters discussing it (+ and -)for many years after.

Out there doing it best I can.
Sidelock
Sidelock

The Woods and Meadow SxS Classic above is replacing the long running Duluth Double Gun SxS Classic. The excellent Duluth Double Gun SxS Classic sold out every year to the end. The organizers of the Duluth shoot came down and helped Woods and Meadow with the planning. I shot over there yesterday and the owner said they have about 100 shooters registered so far.

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

That’s great!
Excellent pre reg

I hope 🤞 Mother Nature cooperates for you.

Make sure you post pics.

Out there doing it best I can.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by ClapperZapper
That’s great!
Excellent pre reg

I hope 🤞 Mother Nature cooperates for you.

Make sure you post pics.

We’ll get on over and shoot it with us. Promise you won’t have to wear a cheesehead.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.