May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
4 members (Licensed to kill, obsessed-with-doubles, Researcher, Hammergun), 208 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,537
Posts546,028
Members14,420
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 25 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 24 25
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by BrentD, Prof
.....After reading this 3 or 4 times, I still can't figure out about half of what you are talking about.

But that said, if you want to ensure hunting and shooting sports in the future, you (and many others here) would be well served by trying to recruit people with at least slightly more liberal politics to hunting and shooting. Is it any surprise that, after finding themselves very unwelcome in any and all of these activities, many of them are happy to pull the trigger on anything that means less lead in the air? I am surprised we have as much shooting and hunting opportunities as we do right now. The attitudes shouted loud and long by you and others here are not making any new friends outside of the very insular and rapidly shrinking tribe of extant shooters.

Now, fix up your grammar and spelling before Ted and Standish get after you... smile
You should have quit after the first reading.

Prof, if I have proof that your politics is ruining the USA, why would I want a fake, hypocritical friend at the shooting range or out in the field, when I know you're in lockstep with antigun policy makers?

You do clearly know that I do not want to make new friends, who want to hurt shooting and hunting opportunities, as well as rights. We've discussed divides in the past. You've always embraced them, and never offered any reason to come together on this issue. How much less could I care, that you only understand half of the world around you? Why do you peddle in lies. Can you not connect the dots, that every time a president that you vote for, takes the reigns, there is no shrinking tribe of extant shooters. Instead, there are record runs on firearm sales, with black and female legal gun ownership at all time highs. Faux decorum is a cancer, not a path, right? Aren't there books written on the subject.

3 members like this: John Roberts, Stanton Hillis, Ted Schefelbein
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by craigd
I can appreciate your Wisconsin comments, if you don't recall, I lived there for a number of years, still have family there and still visit fairly regularly. My previous comments are not your comments or experiences, they are what I know, first hand. Did quite a bit of fishing and hunting there, but now have no interest anymore, nor do I feel the urge to visit those great central Wisconsin ranges and shoots as I would in the past.

It's an odd scenario that you paint. Parents sign permission forms for their minor children to participate in firearm related extracurricular activities, but it is the responsibility of hobbyist strangers to nurture shooting sports? I'm reading that you believe we've already lost the parents? Do you realize how many tens of thousands of dollars, countless parents will pour into club soccer or volleyball, or HS football? I hope Wisconsin parent show to the trap shoots?

I know we've gone over the hypocrisies of justifying when and where we should be allowed to used lead shot, and when we should be forced to use notox shot. I've never ever claimed to oppose the science, but I believe I've consistently opposed political agendas and hypocritical cheerleading. It serves no purpose to rant about heads uparses vs welcoming supporters of youth shooting sports, are either in realty the old guard, lock step, union democrat voter?

Do you suppose Jimmy, since you quoted him, takes a moment to distinguish between dove and woodcock habitat, what determines heavy or low shot fallout, previously vs newly under consideration notox hunting zones? Do you think the fellow that can't tie his show, that Jimmy says he's voting for, will turn over policy making to representatives of US citizens, or zealots?

We shouldn't speak of liklihoods. We all know countless shooting ranges have been closed down, or are under heavy pressure, regulatory and financial, to shut down. It is not their discretion to decide if they use lead shot, or voluntarily shoot notox. Of course, there's an on and on. I understand your points.

After reading this 3 or 4 times, I still can't figure out about half of what you are talking about.

But that said, if you want to ensure hunting and shooting sports in the future, you (and many others here) would be well served by trying to recruit people with at least slightly more liberal politics to hunting and shooting. Is it any surprise that, after finding themselves very unwelcome in any and all of these activities, many of them are happy to pull the trigger on anything that means less lead in the air? I am surprised we have as much shooting and hunting opportunities as we do right now. The attitudes shouted loud and long by you and others here are not making any new friends outside of the very insular and rapidly shrinking tribe of extant shooters.

Now, fix up your grammar and spelling before Ted and Standish get after you... smile

How ‘bout you welcome the DEI misfits, transsexuals, BLM terrorists, climate cooling, climate warming, climate change pinheads, non hunting legislators who want to ban lead shot and purchases of more than a gallon of paint, defund the police nutcases, and people who want to mandate lead testing for 4H members to YOUR camp.

I’d end up incarcerated, if I tried that.

Best,
Ted

3 members like this: John Roberts, craigd, Stanton Hillis
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by Ted Schefelbein
I can appreciate your Wisconsin comments, if you don't recall, I lived there for a number of years, still have family there and still visit fairly regularly. My previous comments are not your comments or experiences, they are what I know, first hand. Did quite a bit of fishing and hunting there, but now have no interest anymore, nor do I feel the urge to visit those great central Wisconsin ranges and shoots as I would in the past.

It's an odd scenario that you paint. Parents sign permission forms for their minor children to participate in firearm related extracurricular activities, but it is the responsibility of hobbyist strangers to nurture shooting sports? I'm reading that you believe we've already lost the parents? Do you realize how many tens of thousands of dollars, countless parents will pour into club soccer or volleyball, or HS football? I hope Wisconsin parent show to the trap shoots?

I know we've gone over the hypocrisies of justifying when and where we should be allowed to used lead shot, and when we should be forced to use notox shot. I've never ever claimed to oppose the science, but I believe I've consistently opposed political agendas and hypocritical cheerleading. It serves no purpose to rant about heads uparses vs welcoming supporters of youth shooting sports, are either in realty the old guard, lock step, union democrat voter?

Do you suppose Jimmy, since you quoted him, takes a moment to distinguish between dove and woodcock habitat, what determines heavy or low shot fallout, previously vs newly under consideration notox hunting zones? Do you think the fellow that can't tie his show, that Jimmy says he's voting for, will turn over policy making to representatives of US citizens, or zealots?

We shouldn't speak of liklihoods. We all know countless shooting ranges have been closed down, or are under heavy pressure, regulatory and financial, to shut down. It is not their discretion to decide if they use lead shot, or voluntarily shoot notox. Of course, there's an on and on. I understand your points.

After reading this 3 or 4 times, I still can't figure out about half of what you are talking about.

How ‘bout you welcome the DEI misfits, transsexuals, BLM terrorists, climate cooling, climate warming, climate change pinheads, non hunting legislators who want to ban lead shot and purchases of more than a gallon of paint, defund the police nutcases, and people who want to mandate lead testing for 4H members to YOUR camp.

I’d end up incarcerated, if I tried that.

Best,
Ted

You and craig and some of the others here are, no doubt, the worst ambassador and recruiter to the shooting and hunting past times.

_________
BrentD, (Professor - just for Stan)

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

1 member likes this: Jimmy W
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by SKB
I'm delighted to not see the world through such a bitter lense as you do Craig.

Larry does his best to get kids involved and be a good steward of the Land and this is your response? SMH. Just bizarre.
I had, he must have bowed out, a good conversation with Larry. Reword it to convey my message, in a way that pleases you, and I will ask that my original post be disregarded, and I will use your wording. I like everything that Larry wrote about supporting youth shooting activities, but I was being honest, realistic and direct. Tell me where the facts take your dispute, and if I will appologize profusely.

Bitter? as always Steve, too lazy. I'm glad you are delighted, and your lense perfect, but I'm glad we aren't all cookie cutter Steves. Tolerance Steve, google it, it's free.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by SKB
I'm delighted to not see the world through such a bitter lense as you do Craig.

Larry does his best to get kids involved and be a good steward of the Land and this is your response? SMH. Just bizarre.
I had, he must have bowed out, a good conversation with Larry. Reword it to convey my message, in a way that pleases you, and I will ask that my original post be disregarded, and I will use your wording. I like everything that Larry wrote about supporting youth shooting activities, but I was being honest, realistic and direct. Tell me where the facts take your dispute, and if I will appologize profusely.

Bitter? as always Steve, too lazy. I'm glad you are delighted, and your lense perfect, but I'm glad we aren't all cookie cutter Steves. Tolerance Steve, google it, it's free.

Tolerance? Oh the pot calls the kettle black? Worse than that.

Use your spell check. I can feel Ted's and Stan's blood pressure rizing (sic smile ).

_________
BrentD, (Professor - just for Stan)

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

2 members like this: Jimmy W, craigd
Sidelock
Sidelock

....craig and some of the others here are, no doubt, the worst ambassador and recruiter to the shooting and hunting past times.
Hey Steve, take a look. If one doesn't hunt big game, one shot at a time with home cast lead bullets, or deposit tons of that same lead, one shot at a time, through antique single shot rifles, then they aren't worthy. Am I right? No doubt, prof. will let a few shoot a duck with home rolled bismuth, or ring a long gong a time or two, but will he turn his nose up, if the proud kid calls and says, they bought an auto shotgun, hmmmm?

1 member likes this: Ted Schefelbein
SKB Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Tolerance....thanks the laugh Craig, that was a real knee slapper.

http://www.bertramandco.com/
Booking African hunts, firearms import services

Here for the meltdowns
SKB Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

I never said that nor do I believe it Craig.

Still no fan of the change in American gun culture and the turn to semi auto military firearms. That Likely will not change for me. Embrace all the mass produced, injected molded military grade arms you like, just don't expect me to have much interest, I have none. Not my bag and not why I pursued my trade.

Here for the meltdowns
1 member likes this: Jimmy W
SKB Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Oh, as to the proud kid with the semi auto, yeah fixed his gun free of charge and sent him on his way. Good kid, heading to the Marines this summer. We chatted big game, bird hunting and I wished him well in his future. Total missed opportunity on my part, he obviously needed a bitter MAGA lecture instead.

All my best,
Steve

Here for the meltdowns
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by SKB
….Total missed opportunity on my part, he obviously needed a bitter MAGA lecture instead.

All my best,
Steve
There’s always time, but I share your concern, good kids follow orders. Just don’t be bitter Steve, and it will be so. Stay in touch with him, encourage him to come home, for visits or forever, too many good people have one way tickets out of Colorado.

Page 10 of 25 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 24 25

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.