April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
6 members (susjwp, Stanton Hillis, KDGJ, buckstix, Argo44, 1 invisible), 393 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,479
Posts545,212
Members14,410
Most Online1,335
Apr 27th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 21 of 22 1 2 19 20 21 22
LRF Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Thanks.....
Well if I could find a early model Lee-Enfield/Metford or better yet a Lee-Speed in need of restoration I may be tempted. But to be perfectly honest I am not looking that hard. It's an age and health issue. Along with the crazy political environment we live in. It is disappointing to know that my 2 years of fighting in a war to preserve what I thought was the right way a people should exist, only to find out the people I thought we were protecting were and are the true enemies.

1 member likes this: mc
LRF Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

And let me give a shout out to Mark Lee and his Express Rust Bluing solution. It is just the best.
I can remember 35 years or so ago stopping in to Mark's shop in the basement of Ken's Metal Finishing and seeing all the test bar Mark was testing his various formulations of his solutions on. His diligence paid off in spades (Black/Blue ones smile ). The bluing process was, rather then being a drudgery, a very enjoyable and near fool proof process. So easy, much simpler then the various video's on YouTube would want you to believe. Piece of cake IMHO

Sidelock
Sidelock

I hear you Lynn. I'm focusing on completing the handful of projects that have languished for too long, then I'll shoot the heck out of them as I consider which of the previous standby's will go away as I sharpen my shooting focus during my "Golden Years".

Sidelock
Sidelock

I've also used Mark Lee Express bluing with great results! For someone who does very little rust bluing, and long periods between, it's extremely easy to use, and faster than traditional rust bluing. And the results for an amateur like me are better than I expected.

LRF Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Originally Posted by Vall
I've also used Mark Lee Express bluing with great results! For someone who does very little rust bluing, and long periods between, it's extremely easy to use, and faster than traditional rust bluing. And the results for an amateur like me are better than I expected.
Yep exactly

LRF Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

It's like a grave yard over here so thought I would post a couple pics of this project to show the start and finish.
Before
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
After
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

5 members like this: Mills, earlyriser, Hammergun, BrentD, Prof, Cold1
mc Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

I guess you need to start another project,mabey be a leespeed:)

mc #642219 02/10/24 03:19 PM
LRF Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Although i like the Lee Speeds very much there are not any real good donor actions available. All that are out there that would fit the bill are collector items anymore and expensive. I wouldn't modify history. So probably not on the LS
However, I am working on a completely new design of a single shot action that is completely inletted into a one pcs rifle stock. If you look in the British single shot books about Gibbs rook rifles you would get an idea.
If I go ahead with the project I will consider doing another thread like this one. There seems to be a good interest here, as documented by the +57000 hits on this one.
So far the design of the action has been completed in 3D solids and then 3D printed. Upon assembly it functioned and all the features work as designed. (To bad I can't 3D print it in steel and I would be done)
I call the design something like a modern Rook rifle, very light, fast handling and I am thinking using the 30-30 Win caliber. A very useful 30 caliber which as a hunting cartridge might only be second to the 30-06 in taking game and also killing bad guys (according to the cowboy movies smile ) We will see. Thanks for your interest.

mc Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

30-30 is a great choice,I was in Raton NM a guy had a martini and a Clarke in one piece stocks.

Sidelock
Sidelock

LRF,
I greatly enjoyed following your project. I learned a lot from your pictures and descriptions. If someone talked you into a Lee Speed project I’m sure that would be fascinating for several of us to follow. I’ve always admired the Lee Speed that Phil Shoemaker has written about: http://forums.nitroexpress.com/showflat.php?Cat=00&Number=199064&an=0&page=4

Of course the 30-30 is also a favorite of mine, and a single shot 30-30 would be equally fascinating. Whatever project you pick please share it with us!

Larry

2 members like this: mc, BrentD, Prof
Page 21 of 22 1 2 19 20 21 22

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.