May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
3 members (ithaca1, canvasback, Jusanothajoe), 262 guests, and 9 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,520
Posts545,739
Members14,419
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 13
Lloyd3 #641878 02/06/24 09:17 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

yawn...

keep it simple and keep it safe...
Lloyd3 #641885 02/06/24 11:08 AM
mc Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

I was in a class at a local college in1974 when it was predicted the next global cooling and ice age were upon us ,wood hole ,scrips ,NASA were contributes to the class .it was assured by there data,the class was oceanus.check it out.also when scientist falsified date to prove there hypothesis none of the data can be trusted.when politicians are making massive amounts of money there theory's can't be trusted. When historical data (complete changes in an area climate , forest,swamps ,deserts)over thousands of years is dismissed as not relevant

3 members like this: Licensed to kill, Ted Schefelbein, John Roberts
Lloyd3 #641890 02/06/24 12:32 PM
Lloyd3 Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

We are a diverse lot here. Folks from all walks of life. CZ is right in that these topics tend to spread divisiveness and create hard feelings. I liked the PragerU video because it seemed to provide some clarity in a time where the propaganda machines are really being cranked-up, but I can see where it's not helpful here. This coming year will be a hard one in the sense that we all will be barraged with information & ideas that we're either uncomfortable with or that we find quite repulsive. The world has come a long way from Joseph Goebbels and his famous "Nazi Propaganda" and the slick and swarmy stuff being produced now is clearly much more effective, dangerously so. There aren't many folks here who are still unformed in their opinions, most have picked their sides and are now invested heavily in them (their "rice bowl", so to speak).

If you're older and/or have a background in science or engineering, you'll likely remember a time when the science was "sacrosanct", where the only way one could discern how the forces of the universe worked was to be focused purely on the science and not on the various human components (emotions, greed, needs, etc.) that would try to infect it. But...scientists are an interesting lot. They have egos (and sometimes families) that they need to feed, and they are quite good at reading how the winds are blowing in any set of circumstances. The work of scientists has been affected by this for some time now (Wernher Von Braun, the head or our early American space program here was also a full-blown Nazi in the beginning of his career, look up "Operation Paperclip" sometime). Science now seems to mainly get used (by the forces that can afford to fund the studies) to justify a position on a particular subject. If a study doesn't produce the results that are desired by the funding party, it mostly gets buried. The offending scientists then can be punished by having their qualifications questioned or even being effectively "deplatformed" by losing their funding or positions at the institutions they work through. This has had chilling effects on how scientists conduct their work going forward, understandably. It would seem that both "free speech" and "science" are quite threatened by the forces that are being arrayed in advance of the coming election this November.

My education was in the earth sciences (geology) and my work has been in first, the oil & gas industry, and then in the environmental remediation industry. I have largely functioned as a federal contractor and later (briefly) as a government scientist and, accordingly, my opinions are formed by those experiences. I suspect that soon I will also be concerned for my social security and my medicare, but that won't abrogate my understanding about how much I see this country changing. All of our rights and liberties (for guns, hunting, & everything else we hold dear) are threatened by folks who purely vote their "feelings" and then for their perceived "security" without thinking of the consequences of that shallow enterprise.

Last edited by Lloyd3; 02/06/24 01:27 PM.
5 members like this: builder, Stanton Hillis, Ted Schefelbein, John Roberts, Mills
ed good #641904 02/06/24 04:46 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by ed good
yawn...
Go back to sleep, Ed.
JR

Be strong, be of good courage.
God bless America, long live the Republic.
1 member likes this: Ted Schefelbein
Lloyd3 #641905 02/06/24 05:08 PM
Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

I don't need to be a conspiracy theorist to know that the global climate predictions of the last 50 years, have been wildly wrong.

Nor do i need to be a conspiracy theorist to know that the earth's temperature (and the carbon content of our atmosphere) is constantly in flux. Just a short 11,000 years ago the earth was dramatically cooler than it is today. And the latest science on the end of the ice age suggests that the earth's temp rose rather rapidly......the span of decades or a century or two. It didn't slowly change over thousand of years.

Nor do I need to be a conspiracy theorist to know that carbon is required by plants to live and grow and those healthy plants create oxygen that allow us to thrive.

I don't need to be a conspiracy theorist to know that it is man's adaptability to changing circumstances that sets us apart from just about all other creatures on earth and allowed us to thrive.

i don't need to be a conspiracy theorist to know that man has had nothing to do with shifts in temperature on Mars.

I don't need to be a conspiracy theorist to know that the data they pretend to hang their fears on is incredibly suspect. Just who was reading these thermometers 80 to 120 years ago. I can't speak for where you live but I know some of the data for Winnipeg comes from the thermometer at a boys private church school my father attended in the 1930's.......in the steeple of the chapel and it would be a daily chore for one of the 8-10 year old kids to go take the reading. You want to spend trillions of dollars based on that data???? Even the modern day data is regularly fudged......NASA recently admitted it.

What is with the hubris of the global warming advocates (sorry climate change....they had to change the name because they blew it on the warming thing) to imagine that the earth should remain in the state that it is now (simply for the comfort of humans) or was 50 years ago. The ego is staggering. And lets not talk about some of the insane theoretical "fixes" they are proposing. Talk about opening Pandora's Box!

As for the science? If anything has happened in the last 15 years it is that we have learned scientists and researchers are held hostage by money......the funding they get to do their research. Propose some research that is out of step and watch your funding dry up. To deny this is to be a liar. So the science IS suspect.

Finally, good science isn't a consensus. The most important scientific discoveries have often been at total odds with the prevailing wisdom and the purveyance of new thought ridiculed. I like to think of the climate activists these days being the modern day equivalent of the Pope and the Catholic church, sneering and threatening Copernicus and Galileo

Last edited by canvasback; 02/06/24 05:16 PM.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
5 members like this: John Roberts, builder, Stanton Hillis, mc, Ted Schefelbein
CJF #641908 02/06/24 05:37 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by CJF
And I'll vote for the candidates that promise to protect children, and not just fetuses, so everyone can get an education and a shot at the American dream.

Chris

Don’t puff your chest out too far just yet:

https://www.niche.com/k12/d/minneapolis-public-school-district-mn/academics/

Yea, using the absolute best gloss they can, they called the grade for Minneapolis public schools a B-, when only 35% of the kids are proficient in math. Go ahead and try to blow the usual liquid sunshine up my ass about not spending enough money on the schools. We are at a point where MOST KIDS in public education aren’t getting an education. A sad fact is that public education today is to a large degree run by very liberal, very white women. I wouldn’t care who was running it, if we got good results, which, we do not.

By the way, this isn’t a democracy, dude.

Best,
Ted

5 members like this: John Roberts, ChiefAmungum, Stanton Hillis, mc, keith
Lloyd3 #641911 02/06/24 06:23 PM
mc Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Baltimore schools get 21.600 per student go check the graduation and education results it is a crime how the children are being treated and educated.it is number four in funding

1 member likes this: Ted Schefelbein
Lloyd3 #641913 02/06/24 07:15 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

People keep forgetting that the North and South poles are melting. When they are reminded of that fact, it is not hard to see who is brainwashed to that fact and they try to make up excuse. Global warming is not man made and yet NASA is continually taking images of the earth aglow. Not man made - 88% of the forest fires in the US are caused by humans. Humans are burning the amazon to turn it into farm land. Europe is constantly on fire somewhere. China doesn't care about pollution and ignore the fact that their population has to where masks in order for them to breathe. The world population in 1950 was 2.5 billion and today it is over 8 billion. So you have that many more people driving cars, using air conditioners, causing factory pollution and carbon monoxide in the air burning a hole in the ozone. And you have people try to say that global warming is not man-made. They can drill down into the polar ice and pull up the ice that has kept the history of the world. And never before has our pollution been as bad as it is now. And yet people say it is not man-made. You keep hearing the terms-"never before", " an all time record", never in history" when we hear about catastrophes. Yet people blow it off and ignore it. Go to Alaska and the pine beetles are destroying millions of acres of trees because their life cycles has been changed to longer periods, yet the uneducated say there is no global warming. Methane gas is coming up from the permafrost through the ice and you can light it with a cigarette lighter, because it is melting. So, yes, this generation is responsible for all of this. Yet these same people are also complaining because global warming has caused people to flee their homes and travel a 1000 miles to the US and Europe because their water is contaminated and their children are starving. And yet, you have people like John Roberts accusing me of not having compassion for someone else. I worked with a guy once who claimed to be a devout Christian. When the topic got to the hole in the ozone one day he said, "The Christians have proved that the hole in the ozone has been there since God created the earth. GOD punched that hole in the ozone, so that he could get up and down from heaven to earth on his ladder." That is the IQ of someone who disputes global warming. I pray for people like that. I pray that when God decides whose house he wants to be moved into the next state via a hurricane or tornado, it won't be mine. 😆

Last edited by Jimmy W; 02/06/24 07:27 PM.
1 member likes this: CJF
Lloyd3 #641916 02/06/24 07:45 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

There's that word again!! HISTORIC storm slams California. On the news tonight. Yet it's not from global warming. 🤪

Lloyd3 #641917 02/06/24 07:46 PM
mc Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

I think it's lightning strikes

Page 5 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 13

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.