May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
2 members (GETTEMANS, smlekid), 528 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,499
Posts545,462
Members14,414
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Boxlock
OP Offline
Boxlock

Dear All,

My name is Jiri Bihunec and my great grandfather was a gunmaker Mr. Jaroslav Teichman from Olomouc in Czech Republic.
Mr. Teichman started his business in 1934 in Olomouc on Pekařská Street. Then in 1954 the communists seized the shop and put my great-grandfather in prison for 15 years.
After his release, he did not return to his trade.

I would like to ask You for help to find a shotgun number 2 from the pair.
After the revolution in the Czech Republic my grandfather spoke with Mr. Falesnik who claimed he sold the shotgun to Croatia, unfortunately my grandfather don't remember the exact year, he claims 1991-1994. I know who has the number 1 shotgun in the Czech Republic, unfortunately the owner doesn't want to sell it.
If it helps, the number 1 has production number - 19063-54-357076, think the number 2 has to be almost same. Attached sending you link with pictures - below on the page.

Do you have anyone in Croatia who could help me, of course if anyone knows of another gun from my great grandfather I would also be very interested.

Thanks.

Jiri
https://www.pametnaroda.cz/cs/teichman-jaroslav-1935

Sidelock
Sidelock

Dear Jiri;

Thank you for your most interesting request about your grand father Jaroslav Teichman, gunmaker. Thank you further for the link to the photos of your grandfather, the work shop and photos of the two guns. The photos show that the guns are a very high quality and your grandfather made guns like the ones in the photos he must be a very skilled and talented gunmaker. Where did he learn gunmaking in the Czech Republic--it is of great interest to us? I was able to translate the article text to English. However, it appears that the hammer gun was restored by your grandfather and the other double gun was built by him.

It was painful to me to read of the terrible treatment that your family endured.

I do not know anyone in Croatia that might be able to help you but I am going to suggest to you an additional route to search for the gun---that is contacting a group of engravers and wood carvers in Sopot, Bulgaria who also engrave guns and carve the wood of gunstocks. This group is led by Evgeni Dimov and I suspect that he has fellow engraver friends in Croatia that could help you in your search. if your grandfathers gun is of the quality that your photos shows will be a gun that will get the attention of many gun enthusiast, gunmakers and engravers of today.

The Czech gunmakers were some of the best in Europe and I hope that you are successful in your search. I propose to you that you contact the owner of the number 1 shotgun and ask him to allow you to take photos of the shotgun your grandfather made as well as the shotgun's action and underside of the barrels where it will be stamped with numbers and symbols so that you can send these photos to the engravers to help them help you in your search.

Here is an internet link to Evgeni Dimov:

http://www.home.dimovengraving.com/

Kindest Regards;
Stephen Howell

Last edited by bushveld; 01/04/24 12:41 PM.
2 members like this: Hammergun, John Roberts
Sidelock
Sidelock

We have a member here Montenegrin, who lives in Slovenia and if I remember correctly, is fairly up on Balkan region gunmakers and vintage community. However he was last here in late May 2023. You might try sending him a message. His first name is Jani.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Sidelock
Sidelock

I would first contact Mr. Felix Neuberger of Vienna. He should pass thru at some near point in the future and read this thread. If not, I have contacts in Croatia that might track it down.

Serbus,

Raimey
rse

1 member likes this: bushveld
Sidelock
Sidelock

Jani has recently been under the weather with a persistent cold but still buying Ferlachers like a Mad Man. He just might stop buy with some advice.

Serbus,

Raimey
rse

Sidelock
Sidelock

So, I'll contact Mr. Neuberger and my contacts in Croatia that are gobbling up Perazzis.

lep pozdrav,

Raimey
rse

Sidelock
Sidelock

Raimey;

Did you read last month where the Czech firm CSG purchased 80% of Perazzi?

Stephen Howell

Sidelock
Sidelock

Yes, I heard a rumour and also it seemed to be well publicized? Very odd, but typical?

lep pozdrav,

Raimey
rse

Boxlock
OP Offline
Boxlock

Dear Stephen,

thank you very much for your kind message, the link I sent is a story about my grandfather, who is the son of a gunsmith. I added it mainly for the gun photo. My grandfather was apprenticed to Mr. Dusek in Opočno. From Opočno he went to apprenticeship in Poděbrady to a master who was a pupil of Faukner. In 1934 he became independent and bought a gunsmith's shop in Olomouc from the gunsmith Presker. Among his most important clients was the Liechtenstein family from Šterberk (prince Johannes).

The weapon which is in the Czech Republic I had in my hand, I will be glad to send you photos. I'm sorry the gentleman won't give it back or sell it when these guns were illegally confiscated from us.

Here is my email: jiribihunec@gmail.com, if you are interested, I can send you more photos of weapons my grandfather made, he was also active in writing articles.

If you're interested in anything about him, I'll be happy to write it all down.

Best regards.

Jiri

Boxlock
OP Offline
Boxlock

Dear Raimey,

thank you for your reply, Felix and I are already in contact and he has helped me a lot.

Best regards.

Jiri

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.