May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
6 members (Mike Harrell, Karl Graebner, Jim H., Ian Forrester, Roundsworth, 1 invisible), 862 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,527
Posts545,850
Members14,420
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Sidelock
Sidelock

2024 has started great for us, we have a new granddaughter in law, and our other granddaughter in law will give us our first greatgrandchild in April. Life is good.
Mike

4 members like this: earlyriser, mc, Parabola, Ted Schefelbein
Parabola #640164 01/01/24 12:05 PM
Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

The very best for the New Year!
Karl

1 member likes this: Ted Schefelbein
Parabola #640167 01/01/24 01:36 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

New Year's Eve oysters with champagne...gotta try that one sometime! Com'on Ted...average? Every year is a gift that needs to be lived to the fullest-extent possible. Fight all the battles that need to be fought and then... make the time to celebrate your life in your own way. Be it in the forests, fields & streams, or on on the lakes and oceans, get out there and drink in the sights and sounds. Heck, I still get a thrill rolling down a nice lonely stretch of road in my now-ancient muscle car, listening to the throaty roar of a big cubic-inch American V-8 coming up through the gears. The smile of a handsome woman, the laughter of a happy child, the wind through the trees above you, the waves on a shore, connect to these things and be part of the living world, and not just on it. Hunt & fish, break bread with your friends and family, drink good beers & fine wines with your meals, sit in front of fires and appreciate the heat and the light. Let the tempests blow around you and know that a new dawn will break for you the next day.

I would wish all of these things for everybody gathered here, people who appreciate beautiful things with a form that follows function. Tools with art and history and perhaps even a little magic folded into their making, that serve generations, faithfully and well, and that become heirlooms in their own right.

Make 2024 count

Last edited by Lloyd3; 01/01/24 02:38 PM.
10 members like this: graybeardtmm3, earlyriser, FallCreekFan, GLS, canvasback, Hammergun
Lloyd3 #640168 01/01/24 01:47 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by Lloyd3
New Year's Eve oysters with champagne...gotta try that one sometime! Com'on Ted...average? Every year is a gift that needs to be lived to the fullest-extent possible. Fight all the battles that need to be fought and then... make the time to celebrate your life in your own way. Be it in the forests, the streams, or on on the lakes and oceans, get out there and drink in the sights and sounds. Heck, I still get a thrill rolling down a nice lonely stretch of road on my old muscle car, listening to the throaty roar of a big cubic-inch American V-8 coming up through the gears. The smile of a handsome woman, the laughter of a happy child, the wind through the trees above you, the waves on a shore, connect to these things and be part of the living world, and not just on it. Hunt & fish, and break bread with your friends and family, drink good beers & fine wines with your meals, sit in front of fires and appreciate the heat and the light. Let the tempests blow around you and know that a new dawn will break for you the next day.

I would wish all of these things for everybody gathered here, people who appreciate beautiful things with a form that follows function. Tools with art and history and perhaps even a little magic folded into their making, that serve generations of people, faithfully and well, and that become heirlooms in their own right. Make 2024 count.

You, sir, can write.

May champagne and oysters rain upon you-- after you've cleaned and put the shotgun away, of course.

Parabola #640170 01/01/24 02:07 PM
Boxlock
Boxlock

Happy new year to everybody, and I like to thank everybody for all the help. They have given me over the years.

Lloyd3 #640175 01/01/24 04:28 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

New Year's Eve oysters with champagne...gotta try that one sometime! Com'on Ted...average? Every year is a gift that needs to be lived to the fullest-extent possible. Fight all the battles that need to be fought and then... make the time to celebrate your life in your own way. Be it in the forests, fields & streams, or on on the lakes and oceans, get out there and drink in the sights and sounds. Heck, I still get a thrill rolling down a nice lonely stretch of road in my now-ancient muscle car, listening to the throaty roar of a big cubic-inch American V-8 coming up through the gears. The smile of a handsome woman, the laughter of a happy child, the wind through the trees above you, the waves on a shore, connect to these things and be part of the living world, and not just on it. Hunt & fish, break bread with your friends and family, drink good beers & fine wines with your meals, sit in front of fires and appreciate the heat and the light. Let the tempests blow around you and know that a new dawn will break for you the next day.

I would wish all of these things for everybody gathered here, people who appreciate beautiful things with a form that follows function. Tools with art and history and perhaps even a little magic folded into their making, that serve generations, faithfully and well, and that become heirlooms in their own right.

Make 2024 count

It is an old Soviet era joke among that citizenry, from that time. I figured somebody would spot it for what it was.

But, we got it better than that.

Best,
Ted

Lloyd3 #640177 01/01/24 06:32 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Make 2024 count

I knew I liked Lloyd for a reason. What a great way to start the new year.

Thanks Lloyd and thanks to all my other friends here. Happy New Year to you all.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
1 member likes this: Stanton Hillis
Parabola #640178 01/01/24 11:05 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

You too, James.

May God bless America and those who defend her.
1 member likes this: canvasback
Parabola #640194 01/02/24 03:22 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

You're welcome James. I had to go back and re-read that to make sure my pain meds weren't making me too-loopy, but it seems to be ok.

1 member likes this: canvasback
Parabola #640283 01/04/24 12:08 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Just to finish the New Year at the usual haunt on Chincoteague. Here are two photos from January 1 of the beach and the wild horses. (there was a lady next to me getting out a yard long lens saying, "It's a Merlin, my life is complete." I can't identify that bird from this photo but it's surely there (there is a bird perched on the tip of the dead tree in the center but it looks too large to be a "Merlin").

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Last edited by Argo44; 01/04/24 12:13 AM.

Baluch are not Brahui, Brahui are Baluch
1 member likes this: earlyriser
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.