April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,062 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,467
Posts545,124
Members14,409
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#631091 06/05/23 12:53 PM
tut Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I've been using it for years as the wood dries out on old varnish finishes. Anyone have a US source? I have used light and dark, but dark looks much better on walnut and seems to really blend in and give a nice sheen. My bottle is 50ml. Appreciate whatever help folks can provide.

ps. this is what I currently have/use. https://www.reloadingsolutions.com/...ref_pid=3989188739117&pr_seq=uniform

Last edited by tut; 06/05/23 12:56 PM.

foxes rule
Sidelock
Sidelock

'fraid you're s.o.l on this, tut.
JR

Be strong, be of good courage.
God bless America, long live the Republic.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by John Roberts
'fraid you're s.o.l on this, tut.
JR

Google easily. Looks like it just takes money. https://everymarket.com/products/ba...eXvZUi8zPyl7y76In3fbs4p4I4caAsvoEALw_wcB

https://everymarket.com/products/sc...Fw3nh5StLOJ6i7rHwEYXxtnCjMIaAtxWEALw_wcB

_________
BrentD, (Professor - just for Stan)

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Sidelock
Sidelock

We used to sell Clensoil and I liked it because you could use it on everything (wood and steel). I guess I need to Google that one too

Still out there, $21 for an 8-ounce bottle, plus shipping.

Last edited by Lloyd3; 06/05/23 04:01 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

There is a Canadian retail option. If you do a search for the maker, select English- it’s easier for me, then look up retailer you can click on to Bitsofpeices which is a BC gunsmith. They sell it. You could drop them a email to get price and shipping options. When I get into something this complicated I order a case to last me hopefully forever. Good luck. You also could become the US distributor for this product. We know how to get ahold of you.

tut Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Originally Posted by KY Jon
There is a Canadian retail option. If you do a search for the maker, select English- it’s easier for me, then look up retailer you can click on to Bitsofpeices which is a BC gunsmith. They sell it. You could drop them a email to get price and shipping options. When I get into something this complicated I order a case to last me hopefully forever. Good luck. You also could become the US distributor for this product. We know how to get ahold of you.

Sent them an email. We will see what they come back with. Good stuff. Looks great on a gun that has had its varnish crack off over time. Just blends stuff in. I actually had both light and dark and bought it while in Germany long long ago.

foxes rule
Sidelock
Sidelock

Another Canadian source for Schaftol Wood Oil is Bilozir Fine Guns out of Alberta. I've purchased this product from them at the Edmonton Gun Shows. Bilozir Fine Guns

tut Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Originally Posted by Tim Cartmell
Another Canadian source for Schaftol Wood Oil is Bilozir Fine Guns out of Alberta. I've purchased this product from them at the Edmonton Gun Shows.

TC

Thanks. I'll reach out to them. Sadly, I sent a note to Bits of Pieces and they said sure just to provide them a credit card. That was Monday and no reply since then. Sent them a followup today. I'll try your place next week if they continue to go silent. Seems like someone would want to take my money.

foxes rule
tut Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Originally Posted by tut
Originally Posted by Tim Cartmell
Another Canadian source for Schaftol Wood Oil is Bilozir Fine Guns out of Alberta. I've purchased this product from them at the Edmonton Gun Shows.

TC

Thanks. I'll reach out to them. Sadly, I sent a note to Bits of Pieces and they said sure just to provide them a credit card. That was Monday and no reply since then. Sent them a followup today. I'll try your place next week if they continue to go silent. Seems like someone would want to take my money.

well, they won't ship to the states.

foxes rule
Sidelock
Sidelock

Bit of a road trip unless we have a northwest member close to CA. Kind of annoying that they are just a mile above the border, if that. I can buy an item in China, have it shipped to the US and dropped into the mail to arrive at my house in less than a week but an item in Canada might as well be on the moon.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.