May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
6 members (Researcher, Tim Wolf, FelixD, Perry M. Kissam, ClapperZapper, 1 invisible), 421 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,498
Posts545,439
Members14,414
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
arrieta2 #628728 04/15/23 10:21 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

obsessed, buying and selling used merchandise by remote control is risky business...

if a buyer is concerned about unknown issues, then requesting a return option is reasonable...

and to close a deal, granting a return option is also reasonable...

Last edited by ed good; 04/15/23 10:23 AM.

keep it simple and keep it safe...
arrieta2 #628730 04/15/23 01:01 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

That kind of thinking is why I have nothing to do with sellers who do not offer at least a 3-day inspection/return policy with a 100% purchase price refund.

In my experience, sellers who don't offer this are usually less than honest.

"Requesting", "granting" -- come on, too much risk for me, too much of a PITA.

And all so someone can get my $$? No thanks.

OWD

Good Gun Alerts & more:

www.DogsandDoubles.com
3 members like this: graybeardtmm3, Run With The Fox, John Roberts
arrieta2 #628739 04/15/23 05:55 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

doubles, we all have the option to do business on our own terms, or not...

arrieta2 #628740 04/15/23 07:13 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

CSMC is about 20 minutes from me and I've been there a couple of times just look and their show room with all the used guns is amazing. I bought a case and they fitted it to the gun while I was there and the entire time I was treated with respect and courtesy, like I was someone who could afford $50k and up guns, even though it was apparent I couldn't.

I have become addicted to English hammered shotguns to the detriment of my wallet.
arrieta2 #628745 04/15/23 09:41 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

You mean on your terms.

Also, I'm not so sure "... we all have the option to do business on our own terms."

Don't most states have laws and regulations about this stuff?

I don't think you can just make things up -- not even in NH.

OWD

Last edited by obsessed-with-doubles; 04/15/23 09:46 PM.

Good Gun Alerts & more:

www.DogsandDoubles.com
1 member likes this: Run With The Fox
arrieta2 #628746 04/15/23 11:23 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

"on our terms, or not"...

seems like you missed the meaning of "or not"...which means we have the right to not do business...

and it is really quite simple...for a transaction to occur, both buyer and seller need to estabish a mutual feeling of trust and respect...

arrieta2 #628751 04/16/23 08:35 AM
Boxlock
Boxlock

I had just one more thought on the subject it seems that there are an awful lot of guns being sold through the auction houses some of them at record high prices that they advertise but when I read the terms and conditions of the auction, they say the only thing that they guarantee is what they put in bold letters in the description which is just generally the make and gauge or caliber of gun so when you get a gun from an auction house and it’s not what you thought, do they offer a three day inspection? And they seem to be selling the majority of guns from the ultra expensive to the inexpensive guns on all of the lesser sales , how does that work? Could somebody explain it to me if you look at all the auction houses Morphy Poulin amoskeag rock island and countless others and they make it very clear the guarantee is only what is in the bold headline nothing else. The amount of sporting guns and other types of guns are selling seems to far away anything any dealers have when you buy something from them you are entirely on your own and how can you go inspect all the guns they’re all over the country? and some of the descriptions are not very technical at all.

2 members like this: Run With The Fox, John Roberts
aw1776 #628757 04/16/23 09:15 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by aw1776
I had just one more thought on the subject it seems that there are an awful lot of guns being sold through the auction houses some of them at record high prices that they advertise but when I read the terms and conditions of the auction, they say the only thing that they guarantee is what they put in bold letters in the description which is just generally the make and gauge or caliber of gun so when you get a gun from an auction house and it’s not what you thought, do they offer a three day inspection? And they seem to be selling the majority of guns from the ultra expensive to the inexpensive guns on all of the lesser sales , how does that work? Could somebody explain it to me if you look at all the auction houses Morphy Poulin amoskeag rock island and countless others and they make it very clear the guarantee is only what is in the bold headline nothing else. The amount of sporting guns and other types of guns are selling seems to far away anything any dealers have when you buy something from them you are entirely on your own and how can you go inspect all the guns they’re all over the country? and some of the descriptions are not very technical at all.

Morphy, Poulin, Amoskeag & Rock island all have established histories. I've done business with both Amoskeag & Poulin multiple times and been quite happy with my live auction purchases. I've also done business with Reata Pass and if they have something I want I'll happily do business with them. I haven't been able to afford anything I wanted at Morphy's or Rock Island.

Personally, if the descriptions are crap, they don't have the enough/correct pictures or don't sound as if they have the appropriate level of knowledge I would expect for the gun in question, I won't bid on it.

I have become addicted to English hammered shotguns to the detriment of my wallet.
aw1776 #628759 04/16/23 10:34 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by aw1776
An excellent point, aw1776.
JR

Be strong, be of good courage.
God bless America, long live the Republic.
1 member likes this: aw1776
arrieta2 #628763 04/16/23 11:36 AM
GLS Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

In any auction it is always the best practice to hire someone with expertise who will be at the auction to inspect the gun. I've done this in another hobby and it has worked out fine. Gil

1 member likes this: Run With The Fox
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.