March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
6 members (Ken Nelson, SKB, skeettx, LRF, Lawrence Kotchek, Karl Graebner), 875 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,374
Posts544,009
Members14,391
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Sidelock
Sidelock

Awesome. I'm must swapping notes back and forth for the OP. I could not care less about rollers, personally.

Thanks for your - whatever.

_________
BrentD, (Professor - just for Stan)

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

1 member likes this: Discus420
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I am looking to give it a new home and now I can semi intelligently say what it is ,what its not and also where the most interest lies I think I can say its a late model Rem roller No1 maybe a No5 custom and add something about the Gove influence on the gun too very helpful info all of it

Last edited by Discus420; 01/25/23 03:34 PM.
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

It turns out I am getting the build history of the gun from Jack Haugh's Grandson!!! Ill post it if anyone is interested in seeing it

1 member likes this: BrentD, Prof
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by Discus420
It turns out I am getting the build history of the gun from Jack Haugh's Grandson!!! Ill post it if anyone is interested in seeing it

Absolutely. Knowing the barrel maker in particular, may add some additional value. Do you know the approximate date?

_________
BrentD, (Professor - just for Stan)

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Originally Posted by BrentD, Prof
Originally Posted by Discus420

Absolutely. Knowing the barrel maker in particular, may add some additional value. Do you know the approximate date?

Not yet I will have answers in a week or so . Jack Haugh did the whole rifle from top to bottom and his grandson has the records as the Gun shop is still open and has been handed down to Jacks son Frank then now on to Cole his Grandson I will make sure I get the barrel info

1 member likes this: BrentD, Prof
Sidelock
Sidelock

Jack Haugh was a very well respected American gunmaker. I believe he specialized in early American and English style firearms. If you do a search of him you should be able to find some pertinent information on him. You don't see his work come up for sale often. Some other forum sites have already been suggested which would be a good place to start for additional information. He was a master gunmaker and craftsman who performed all the work on most of his creations- wood, metal and engraving. His grandson should be a wealth of info, his son if still living. You have a wonderful firearm by a very well respected maker. Caveat, I have no relation to this man other than what I have read and heard over the years- always held in the highest esteem.

1 member likes this: mc
Sidelock
Sidelock

I believe that Jack started making replicas of early American flintlock rifles, don’t remember which styles and moved on to modern custom rifles and as has been mentioned, he did it all. Actually Cole is Jacks son and Frank must be the grandson.

Never have talked to Frank, but a number of times with Cole. Last time, a few years ago I’d called him to compliment him on a stock fitting and checkering job he’d done for me and he indicated his son had done the checkering, but didn’t mention the sons name. I think there are some prior threads on this site that mention both Jack and Cole and the quality of their workmanship!

Cameron Hughes
LRF Online Content
Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

Jack was one of the icons of American gunmakers, mastering the gunmakers art all the way from the American Longrifle up to modern contemporary styles. He is missed.

Sidelock
Sidelock

If any of you know of where a for sale copy of the book "Jack T. Haugh" by Mel Hankla is located I would appreciate you informing me as I have been unable to locate one for some time.

Kindest Regards;
Stephen Howell

Sidelock
Sidelock

This guy can positively ID your action,,,, But I wouldn't worry about it, its a fine rifle whatever the action is!!! http://www.rollingblockparts.com/

Last edited by Longknife; 01/27/23 12:22 PM.

Longknife
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.