March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
7 members (eightbore, SKB, steve voss, Lawrence Kotchek, battle, Perry M. Kissam), 336 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,374
Posts544,000
Members14,391
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Originally Posted by Mark II
Keep at it Ted. As you said thinking about shooting when doing it doesn't work well. I know because I do it all the time. Best of luck in your switch. I hope your MD has prescribed some anti-inflamitory for your hands, I understand. Sometimes Fiochi makes 3/4 oz 20 ga loads. As I said, best of luck.

Aleve works about as well as anything I’ve tried. I just try not to take it daily, or, more than once a day.

Best,
Ted

Sidelock
Sidelock

Ted,
Some times I pre medicate with it knowing I'll be going at it hard.
Karl

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Originally Posted by Karl Graebner
Ted,
Some times I pre medicate with it knowing I'll be going at it hard.
Karl

Me, too. 44 years in the trade, I have watched many fade away.

You learn the tricks.

Best,
Ted

Sidelock
Sidelock

Ted, L.Brown,
I don't know for sure, but you might benefit from practicing with a patch over the dominate eye, if it is on the non-shooting side. I am naturally left-handed but shoot right-handed due to my right eye being dominate. I have shot several deer and squirrels left-handed with a scope which seems to mitigate the dominate eye problem. Maybe a 1x scope or red dot would help, with practice.
Mike

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Mike,
My right eye was always my dominant eye. It also had better vision, always. I just shot left handed, because I was left handed. Winked the right eye closed at the shot for 50 years. I was never the worst shooter on any squad I was on, it worked well enough.

Now, I shoot right handed, because the vision in the left eye has deteriorated too much to shoot with. I’ve worked a bit with a coach, informally, but he doesn’t seem to grasp that it feels very unnatural to hold the gun right handed. He suggested that if I really want to move forward I sell or give away the left handed shotguns, as they would likely be an impediment to going forward as a right hander. I did do that, there are plenty of right handed guns here.

It will be too cold to shoot, here, this weekend. I might take the boy to the club and blast away with the handguns, we haven’t done that in a while. Switching eyes with the handgun was no problem, just line up the sights with the right eye, holding left handed, and poke holes in the paper.

Different deal with the shotguns.

Best,
Ted

Sidelock
Sidelock

Well going on 79 I feel aches and pains as much as anybody. And I've had two complete shoulder replacements and still have 100% strength and mobility in both. (Be happy to share my learning experience with anyone going through that operation).

But rather than Aleve or Tylenol or whatever, before golf or shooting I use Bayer Back&Body 800 mg Aspirin. It is basically aspirin mixed with caffeine and is an age old French recipe now marketed by Bayer.

Ted, you are an inspiration and an example of just not stopping. Life throws up all sorts of challenges. You either move forward or sit in a chair. Thanks.

Baluch are not Brahui, Brahui are Baluch
1 member likes this: Stanton Hillis
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I used aspirin for many years, but, find I tolerate the every 8 hour doses of Aleve (related to aspirin) better than the every 4 hour doses of aspirin. Depending on what is in my stomach, regular aspirin can really tear me up.

The aspirin does work well for me. Tylenol does not. Never has.

Best,
Ted

Sidelock
Sidelock

Is there a Dr. Sniffel'bean in the hOuse ?

1 member likes this: lonesome roads
Sidelock
Sidelock

Dang, Ted. After reading about all your medical problems I’m almost going to feel guilty lining you up at the Doublegun bbs Winter Classic. Almost.

Speaking of detached retinas. Lucky his eyes didn’t pop out ‘is ‘ead…

mc Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

4 ibuprofen and a shot of tequila

1 member likes this: Ted Schefelbein
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.