May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
7 members (Guy Ave, gil russell, Jimmy W, SKB, AGS, 1 invisible), 298 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,506
Posts545,599
Members14,419
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I see that Ugartechea has a new website. I wonder if someone has since bought the company and is planning to start it up again? Looks like the same listing of shotguns as before.

Ugartechea Armas

1 member likes this: campero
Sidelock
Sidelock

Good news if they can get it up and running again.

It is a little concerning that the gallery and the narrative all seems to relate to a past age.

It would be reassuring if they can post some pictures of their present manufacturing set-up.

Campero, have you or any other of our Spanish members have any information? Has it be mentioned in your shooting press?

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I just came across a recent discussion on another board, re: Ugartechea starting up again, wherein one of the posters had contacted the company and it seems they are back with a US importer out of Dallas. If that is true, it will be interesting to find out what their quality and new prices will be. The previous quality and price made their shotguns attractive and attainable for the average Joe. A lot changes in five years though. If it's anything like AyA, their base model 4/53 boxlock is now selling for $8,000 in Canada. When I bought mine 10 years ago, it cost $4,000 new. At that time I had talked with the Ugartechea dealer and he told me the mid grade shotgun market for him was between $2,000 - $5,000 new, anything under $2,000 he said the market was already too saturated, anything over $5,000 took a very long time to sell. It's likely going to be an even tougher market now.

5 members like this: Geo. Newbern, John Roberts, Parabola, Imperdix, Ted Schefelbein
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

About a month ago I confirmed with the Canadian Distributor that Ugartechea is indeed back in production for 2023. He stated that they will be bringing in new Ugartechea stock this spring. I believe Campero had previously made mention that the company is now held by American interests?

2 members like this: campero, Parabola
Sidelock
Sidelock

Sounds like good news.

They were a sound brand. I have a little 20-bore BLNE and a little used 12 bore BLE that I didn’t really need but could not resist snapping up at auction when it was going ridiculously cheap.

2 members like this: Ted Schefelbein, Tim Cartmell
Sidelock
Sidelock

Así es, compañeros. Todo parece indicar que Ugartechea seguirá fabricando armas. Después de que los sucesores del señor armero Ignacio Ugartechea (que falleció en 2019) anunciaran el cierre de la fábrica y la venta de todo (escopetas completas y 'en blanco', piezas, herramientas, etc.), parece que apareció un comprador que ha vuelto a poner en marcha la fábrica.

Sé todo esto porque estuve en contacto con una de las hijas, Marta, que confirmó el cierre de esta histórica casa armera y de hecho facilité un contacto a compañeros de este foro para adquirir material. También escribí este artículo, con declaraciones de Marta, sobre una escopeta especial que fue del maestro Ugartechea y que sus hijas pusieron en venta.

https://cazaworld.com/la-famosa-escopeta-superpuesta-de-ignacio-ugartechea-en-venta/

Después de todo esto, con la consiguiente tristeza entre los aficionados a las armas que valoramos la historia de esta marca, hemos descubierto que la actividad de Ugartechea ha renacido con un notable cambio. Se nota en las publicaciones de redes sociales que la línea propietaria no es nacional. De hecho, un conocido armero español me confirmó que un americano había comprado la fábrica y derechos de producción.

Imagino que el mercado se habrá enfocado hacia países de fuera de España. Toda la suerte para este nuevo proyecto que ya está en marcha. ¡Seguiremos atentos!

28 ga, hammerguns and all shotguns and rifles made by hands.
Waidmannsheil 🌿📯
2 members like this: Parabola, Tim Cartmell
Sidelock
Sidelock

D.O.A.
JR

Be strong, be of good courage.
God bless America, long live the Republic.
Sidelock
Sidelock

That's right, comrades. Everything seems to indicate that Ugartechea will continue manufacturing weapons. After the successors of the gunsmith Ignacio Ugartechea (who passed away in 2019) announced the closure of the factory and the sale of everything (complete and 'blank' shotguns, parts, tools, etc.), it seems that a buyer appeared who has restarted the factory.

I know all this because I was in contact with one of the daughters, Marta, who confirmed the closure of this historic gun shop and in fact I facilitated a contact with colleagues in this forum to acquire material. I also wrote this article, with statements by Marta, about a special shotgun that belonged to the teacher Ugartechea and that his daughters put up for sale.

https://cazaworld.com/la-famosa-escopeta-superpuesta-de-ignacio-ugartechea-en-venta/

After all this, with the consequent sadness among weapons fans who value the history of this brand, we have discovered that Ugartechea's activity has been reborn with a remarkable change. It is noted in social media posts that the proprietary line is not national. In fact, a well-known Spanish gunsmith confirmed to me that an American had bought the factory and production rights.

I imagine that the market will have focused on countries outside of Spain. All the luck for this new project that is already underway. We will remain vigilant

CAMPERO’S POST ABOVE via Google Translate

Last edited by Parabola; 01/21/23 08:19 AM.
2 members like this: Tim Cartmell, campero
Sidelock
Sidelock

Thanks, Parabola!

Sorry for the last post in spanish and I'll try to write the next ones in english.

28 ga, hammerguns and all shotguns and rifles made by hands.
Waidmannsheil 🌿📯
Sidelock
Sidelock

Hola Sr. En Espanol esta bien, para Mio-Tambien en Aleman.. Al igual para Usted, tambien soy un avido hombre de escopets del Mundo hechan, Se de Sarasqueta debido a mi vida lengua estudio del escritor, Dom Ernesto Hemingway. E.H. poseia y usaba escopet as fabricadas por: Winchester, Browning, Beretta, AYA, W.&C. Scott y Merkel. Fue un tiro de paloma en vivo de primer nivel, en anos posteriores dispare en Cuba, en el Tiro de Cazadores cerca de La Habana. Escrito esto con la esperanza de que entiendas mi peor espanol de secundaria (tres anos) con dos anos de estacion en Puerto Rico. Sr. Francisco Morin-aka- El Zorro.

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..
1 member likes this: campero
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.