March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
2 members (SKB, smlekid), 289 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,373
Posts543,977
Members14,389
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Ted Schefelbein #622232 11/18/22 10:26 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by Ted Schefelbein
I’ve been in a fight.

Explains yer face.

Give it your best shot, Chris. I am woefully unskilled at Christianity, but, would be interested, as a layman, in someone articulating Christ’s teaching and how that compares favorably to leftist dogma.

Should be right in Drew’s wheelhouse but he’s up in the reloading thread.

lonesome roads #622237 11/18/22 10:44 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by lonesome roads
I’ve been in a fight.

Explains yer face.

Give it your best shot, Chris. I am woefully unskilled at Christianity, but, would be interested, as a layman, in someone articulating Christ’s teaching and how that compares favorably to leftist dogma.

Should be right in Drew’s wheelhouse but he’s up in the reloading thread.

HA HA HA!

The pot calls the kettle black-again. That never gets old.

Hockey? Who cares? Just more government pensioners, hanging around a bar TV screen. Prove me wrong. Start with you.

I’m guessing you and Chris will have about the same batting average in this post.

Best,
Ted

craigd #622241 11/18/22 11:55 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by craigd
Originally Posted by nca225
Originally Posted by John Roberts
Noted. So am I a Christian. But can you explain why you are not a conservative? Most gun owners and Second Amendment supporters are. What is so attractive about liberal thought and causes that enamor you? There are many times more conservative voices out there for morality and sanity than liberal ones.
JR

....I or the few others to politely offer an answer, do you think that could be done without devolving into a fight?
Please do, but do your part to minimize the devolving. Consider factual comments that are in context with those you vote for, their actual policies, and their real world results, and not faux decorum?

I'm afraid this, and other responses show a level of mistrust that skews towards intolerance. When you would like, I would be happy to freely explain and answer John's question, preconditioned that we all partake with open minds and refrain from debasing each other and attributing ill motives.

Forum: a medium of discussion/expression of ideas. https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/forum
rocky mtn bill #622248 11/18/22 12:37 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

"Tolerance is the last virtue of a man without principle."- G. K. Chesterton

"And gradually, though no one remembers exactly how it happened, the unthinkable becomes tolerable. And then acceptable. And then legal. And then applaudable."- Joni Eareckson Tada

JR

Be strong, be of good courage.
God bless America, long live the Republic.
1 member likes this: Stanton Hillis
rocky mtn bill #622250 11/18/22 01:13 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Thank you for making yourself clear John. I will not burden you with discussion if you are staunchly distrustful of it.

Forum: a medium of discussion/expression of ideas. https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/forum
nca225 #622252 11/18/22 03:15 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by nca225
….Please do, but do your part to minimize the devolving. Consider factual comments that are in context with those you vote for, their actual policies, and their real world results, and not faux decorum?

I'm afraid this, and other responses show a level of mistrust that skews towards intolerance. When you would like, I would be happy to freely explain and answer John's question, preconditioned that we all partake with open minds and refrain from debasing each other and attributing ill motives.

Please don’t be afraid, why not own it? All I’m asking is for you own it factually, and not emotionally. How about this, don’t allow motives to run amok, just reconcile the policies and result of left wing officials with your call for open minds.

What is the point of open minded discussion, when your left wing policy makers continually impose closed minded erosions of United States citizen rights?

As to mistrust, simply earn trust, why not? I, if not we as a group, can recall your belittling, not factual opposition on issues of Christianity based life styles, principals, and even its basis for law that governs us. Playing a victim of your definition of bullies, is not a way to appear above the fray, is it?

2 members like this: John Roberts, Stanton Hillis
rocky mtn bill #622253 11/18/22 03:20 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

You guys should be out pheasant hunting like Ted.

Hope he’s wearing one of these…

https://www.carhartt.com/product/104485/carhartt-knit-insulated-face-mask

craigd #622254 11/18/22 04:05 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Please don’t be afraid, why not own it? All I’m asking is for you own it factually, and not emotionally. How about this, don’t allow motives to run amok, just reconcile the policies and result of left wing officials with your call for open minds.

What is the point of open minded discussion, when your left wing policy makers continually impose closed minded erosions of United States citizen rights?

As to mistrust, simply earn trust, why not? I, if not we as a group, can recall your belittling, not factual opposition on issues of Christianity based life styles, principals, and even its basis for law that governs us. Playing a victim of your definition of bullies, is not a way to appear above the fray, is it?

My invitation stands craig. Bill tendered a very civil response. Lets see how well it sits.

rocky mtn bill #622256 11/18/22 05:08 PM
mc Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Rocky Mountain bill,,,,,2.8 billion!!

rocky mtn bill #622257 11/18/22 05:27 PM
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Keith, Dropping a steaming pile is the one thing you're good at .Michael Gerson called Trump out because Trump is a con man. Why he appeals to Christians is impossible to imagine. I've asked Drew, and he doesn't offer any explanation. The Republican Party is no longer conservative. They don't conserve anything but the right to do whatever you please in order to get whatever you want. This is a prescription for the new Dark Ages.

Bill Ferguson
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.