March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
2 members (Gunning Bird, L. Brown), 864 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,374
Posts544,015
Members14,391
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by Geo. Newbern
Originally Posted by campero
Mr. Newbern, I'm agree with you. Old hammer single barrel are special. Show us your Army&Navy, please.

I'd be proud to if I could figure out how to post a picture on this forum...Geo

Geo,
If you can email me photos, I’ll get them up for you.

Best,
Ted

tedjs@usfamily.net

Sidelock
Sidelock

Hi Steve, Still collecting pinfire info, and pictures?

Sidelock
Sidelock

I guess I'm already in my dotage at 83 and some health problems, I can't walk far enough to hunt grouse anymore.
I can't walk good enough to shoot sporting clays, but I do shoot skeet ( not very well).
Although I have a lot of guns it seems I mostly shoot a 20 gauge Parker Trojan and a Remington 20 gauge model 31.
Pete

1 member likes this: Run With The Fox
Sidelock
Sidelock

All my Model 12's, except my 28 gauge- shells are too expensive, and in MI we can't hunt dove and quail- and those midget game birds are just right for a midget gauge gun. Grandson Jordan (senior in HS-Honor Student- has been shooting my 20 gauge M12- 28" mod. solid rib field gun--and is a good and very safe shot with it, as well as the Winchester .22's and the Colt Woodsman, and after going out with these past 2 Sats. for ducks and geese (succesfully) is getting his Fed. duck stamp and will join me next Sat-- He'll use my field M12 12 gauge 28" full mfg. 1921--I am proud of him. RWTF

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..
1 member likes this: FallCreekFan
TCN Offline
Boxlock
Boxlock

Originally Posted by Steve Nash
Like many here, I have a few to choose from... but for the sake of tradition, my last hunt, coming up sooner than I'd like, will be with a London 'best,' a Charles Lancaster 12-bore central-fire breech-loader from 1864.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Wow! That's stunning Steve, how often do you shoot it and what do you put through it?

"More important, we hoped that when Autumn came, the birds would fly"

-Guy De La Valdene
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by TCN
Like many here, I have a few to choose from... but for the sake of tradition, my last hunt, coming up sooner than I'd like, will be with a London 'best,' a Charles Lancaster 12-bore central-fire breech-loader from 1864.

Wow! That's stunning Steve, how often do you shoot it and what do you put through it?

I guess I’m down to one or two hunts a year now, so it doesn’t come out as often as it deserves. The barrels are nitro proofed, and I use low-pressure 2 1/2” shells, currently Challenger brand, with 7 1/2 pellets in a 7/8oz load. The gun would fit me better if I shot with a stiff collar and top hat, which I might do one of these days!

Sidelock
Sidelock

Afraid I am already there--and still shooting my CSMC M-21.

PULL!
Hal M. Hare
TCN Offline
Boxlock
Boxlock

Originally Posted by TCN

I guess I’m down to one or two hunts a year now, so it doesn’t come out as often as it deserves. The barrels are nitro proofed, and I use low-pressure 2 1/2” shells, currently Challenger brand, with 7 1/2 pellets in a 7/8oz load. The gun would fit me better if I shot with a stiff collar and top hat, which I might do one of these days!

I looked up Challenger shells, pretty interesting. I have to run up to Toronto in the next few weeks, so I was thinking of grabbing a flat, but the pain to get it back across the border is just too much. Speaking of which, any great double gun shops or resources I should check out around Toronto?

"More important, we hoped that when Autumn came, the birds would fly"

-Guy De La Valdene
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by Stanton Hillis
Originally Posted by jldidier
I am pretty sure the few guns I have are nothing more than icons of my sporting dog hunting life . I don't think of them as any more than that .....

I know I'm a nut case, but some of my dove, quail and duck guns are more than that to me. I have given them names that, to me, reflect their "personality". They're the ones I have really bonded with over the years and days afield. Maddie, Susie, Sledgehammer ....... my guns have been an important part of my life for some 62 years. Nothing about that has changed, as I ease into my senior years.

That's what you do when you don't have Sporting dogs to name ...

Sidelock
Sidelock

Here’s my dainty hammer single. However at 10-10 and 36” I will probably have to give it up in my dotage…

[Linked Image from jpgbox.com]

Owen
Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.