May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
2 members (Borderbill, WJW), 212 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,520
Posts545,738
Members14,419
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

The outdoorsman's perfect triad.
First things first, where to go!
The sport needs a place to be played-out, homefield advantage is always best, a chap has to feel comfortable with his surroundings and they must be pleasant to the eye.
Nothing to me, is more uncomfortable than not knowing what's around the next bend or what's just over the hill.
I know my place.
The sporting dog - it's easy - we love 'em more than life itself!
Which brings me around to the gun, last but not least, but least of all.
A Sterlingworth is a Boss&Co, if all of the above things are in proper order.

Sidelock
Sidelock

c'mon Lowell...T R U C E ...or no peace...I won't allow your constant bashing anymore...I'm going to bring it right back to you on every post...just type the word T R U C E and save everyone from the aftermath of the sh*t storm YOU have started

Sidelock
Sidelock

Let's go Lowell...nobody want to hear "adventures of lowell" stories anymore...oh yeah...you almost forgot to mention any doubleguns until the last sentence...good thing you were able to squeeze a double in there

TRUCE first...then the "adventures of lowell"...

Sidelock
Sidelock

T R U C E

Sidelock
Sidelock

everyone is waiting lowell...all you have to do is agree to not belittle or humiliate anyone anymore...surely your sadistic behavior can't be so important...give it up...and agree to a truce

Sidelock
Sidelock

Truce is NOT loosing, lowell...it just a temporary peace so that everyone else can get on with their business...

Sidelock
Sidelock

Read Slowly Lord Rowbert

P...S...Y...C...H...O

Sidelock
Sidelock

You know Lowell we may have to hit the button and ignore Lord Robert'O.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Lowell, I agree with you. Balance is everything! Bobby

Sidelock
Sidelock

My perfect balance? Lotsa land. Lotsa guns. No dogs.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Lowell Glenthorne

Nothing to me, is more uncomfortable than not knowing what's around the next bend or what's just over the hill.
I know my place.

A Sterlingworth is a Boss&Co, if all of the above things are in proper order.

To me not knowing what lies over the next hill makes for exciting hunting...hunting the same piece of property over and over lessens the excitement to me.

Don't kid yourself a Sterlingworth will never be a Boss.

Can someone tell me how to pull the plug on Lord Rowbert'O...(Make Lord Rowbert'Os post invisible to me)

I looked on here and can't find it.

Sidelock
Sidelock

LG,
I'm with you on the land. It's a crucial part of the puzzle, especially for us city mice.

As to the dog, paraphrasing de Tocqueville, we all get the dog we deserve...but unlike humans there's darn few hunting dogs I don't like. The gun is the tool, the inanimate part of the triad, and we add romance/life to the steel and wood according to taste.

BTW, is there a Brush Hogging and Discing for Dummies book? I'm getting the food plots for pheasant stuff ready for next spring!

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: GregSY

My perfect balance? Lotsa land. Lotsa guns. No dogs.

Hunting with a dog is the highest form of hunting.

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I brush hog for the sake of brush hogging and not much more - it's a land thing, like dog and gun with me.
j0e, your right about a Sterlingworth not being a Boss, but they are both icons of our choosing.
After all these years, I've taken a step back to the lessors and find a better fit.

Sidelock
Sidelock

You got that right, Lowell. Let's not kid ourselves. The double adorning this site is just a gun, not necessarily better than the ones we own. The so-called go-to guns are usually those that fit, and that has nothing to do with name or embellishment. It matters not the pedigree of dog, gun and man as long as there is enjoyment of stewardship of the land.

eeb Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

My idea of perfect balance is having my sons with me in the dove field, where we are headed when one of them finishes his book report to the satisfaction of his mother. The gun does not matter. It's only a thing.

Sidelock
Sidelock

"I always feel that it is a pity for a shooting man to be too keen on guns--it seems to be subordinating a major to a minor interest. There is so much more in shooting than the mere weapons of the chase. In many ways it takes a man back, body and spirit, to the places where he belongs, and gives him back so many of the things of which modern commercial civilization has deprived him. Air, freedom and exercise; wild nature; the good companionship of dogs and men; and the eternally thrilling pursuit of a wild quarry destined for wholesome food, are surely its main sources of delight." --G. T. Garwood, introduction to Shotguns and Cartridges

Now where did I put that unturned single action Colt? Indeed.

jack

Sidelock
Sidelock

Young or old....man has always strived to perfect his tools of the hunt be it his dog or his gun.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Actually, if I had a thousand acres I would have dog. But I don't see a dog being practical on much less land.

Sidelock
Sidelock

All the space you need for a dog is in your heart. Maybe a truck seat you don't care about. Of course there was the bath and the currying and the nail clipping and the ear stuff this morning but we've got that down to a drill. OK, you do need a fenced yard full of holes and a park or a big ball diamond and a swimming hole and . . . If the dog has to be trained to actually do something of value that's a different problem.

jack (Lab lover who has always had hounds)

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Just give your Labs a Farm pond, or a small lake - not big runnin' dogs. Kinda lazy by habit, suited for the blind - hundreds of acres before lunch isn't their thing.
...but when the weather and water gets cold, they come into their own. No duckman, can be a duckman without one, two or three!
Hunting the same piece of property - is like home!

Sidelock
Sidelock

What does this slappy nonsense mean? What is a "duckman"?...what is a "duckman without one, two, or three"? ...Is all this stuff more double entendre? Because if you leave it to me to read between the lines, I figure that "hunting the same peice of property" for YOU, means the county sheriff told your dad to keep his little freak show, you, on his own property...

First, I apologize about your thread...For those of you who don't know...this is exactly the kind of posts that Lowell has harassed me with for far too long...I no longer stand by and wait for him to bash my posts indiscriminately...this is an attempt to bring the trash to him instead, in an effort to make him stop with his vicious behavior...

All this creep has to do is agree to a truce and I will follow suit...but he will not...he continually bashes ...I'm lost for what to do except try fighting fire with fire...please do not stand up for this weasel...he must agree to a truce

C'mon lowell...five little letters...T R U C E , but you have to adhere to your word...

Sidelock
Sidelock

Lowell I can feel the stiff cold breeze coming off the water....

In the far distance I can barely hear Lord wObert calling to his dog of days gone past.

Heaa dog...hea'a

It seems his caling is falling on deAf eaz's.

Sidelock
Sidelock

C'mon lowell...T R U C E...you don't have to be so damn vicious...all you have to do is agree to leave me alone...that's not an unreasonable request...what is you malfunction?

Sidelock
Sidelock

*** You are ignoring this user ***

Your dAwg can't hea ya Lord wObert....

Sidelock
Sidelock

Lowell, If you're NOT constantly talking double entendre, then please explain what you meant about meeting anyone "who hops your fence" with a "boy howdy" and a worthy rifle...what does this mean? Do you really expect us to believe that you use a special "rifle" on land trespassers? I don't think so...please explain yourself...

Sidelock
Sidelock

Lowell I hear the wind hOwling over the pond...whistling through the trees it sOunds like a mAd man.

I can almost envision the ducks coming in....their wings are set.

Then Lord wOpert hit's his dUck call and they flare just out of range.

Sidelock
Sidelock

five little letters lowell...t r u c e

Sidelock
Sidelock

Lord wObert I can think of several fOur letter words to describe yOu....even a three letter wOrd.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Here's an email I recieved from a board member today.....Seems his life is balanced Lord wObert

"Good morning,

I just had to write and tell you that you and Lowell make my day at times. I don’t know what you bring or don’t bring to the forum ( and don’t care), but the humor is priceless. Simply priceless.

Got up early this morning as we are leaving for S Dakota in a few minutes, I have been chuckling through this whole cup of coffee – thanks for the humor."

I removed his name for fear of Lord wObert's wrath...

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Someone's been very busy I see.
Mania has had you battling imaginary demons, but I fear Robert, the doldrums are just around the corner.
Sorry for your malady.

Last edited by Lowell Glenthorne; 10/21/07 08:08 AM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Why can't you simply agree to leave me alone? What does all that slappy nonsense mean? This is supposed to be a doublegun site, why have you turned into your personal dollhouse?? I guess I'll just have to maintain the strategy of bitchslapping you at every occasion...on every thread here and the upland bird site...

I received an email with a GREAT suggestion on how to deal with your alligator mouth, that will ultimately lead to you no longer wanting making posts at this site, leaving you no choice but to take your alligator mouth elswhere. He called the Glenthorne technique. Stand by Lowell, here it comes...

You've always had to power to end this fray by either leaving me alone or agreeing to a truce...you choose neither.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Lowell...yOu think I should perfOrm an X'orcisZizum on him ?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.