March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
3 members (Ted Schefelbein, SKB, Jimmy W), 852 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,374
Posts544,016
Members14,391
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by John Roberts
Originally Posted by muchatrucha
Is Jeff’s Outfitters still in business?
I’ve called a half dozen times over the past couple months, left messages and emailed several times.
Zero response!

Why should someone who operates this way deserve one's business? Not judging, just asking.
JR

I suspect in order to keep his prices sharp, he has developed a particular business model that is primarily based on an easy to navigate on line buying system. Having someone available to talk on the phone or type emails adds cost. No way to get around that. My experience is that it’s painless to buy from him and he provides the best value for money new cases I’m aware of.

There are three fundamental business models to choose from. Product excellence and innovation. Service. Price. To be successful one needs only to do two of those well. Any two in any combination. Jeff’s has decided clearly to limit service to the bare minimum, while providing an excellent product and a sharp price. They aren’t Huey cases but they are very good at the price.

Last edited by canvasback; 08/19/22 08:08 PM.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by canvasback
Originally Posted by John Roberts
[quote=muchatrucha]Is Jeff’s Outfitters still in business?
I’ve called a half dozen times over the past couple months, left messages and emailed several times.
Zero response!

I suspect in order to keep his prices sharp, he has developed a particular business model that is primarily based on an easy to navigate on line buying system. Having someone available to talk on the phone or type emails adds cost. No way to get around that. My experience is that it’s painless to buy from him and he provides the best value for money new cases I’m aware of.

There are three fundamental business models to choose from. Product excellence and innovation. Service. Price. To be successful one needs only to do two of those well. Any two in any combination. Jeff’s has decided clearly to limit service to the bare minimum, while providing an excellent product and a sharp price. They aren’t Huey cases but they are very good at the price.

Four. Email him again and make him an offer he can’t refuse.

https://youtube.com/shorts/hVSU64qSndU?feature=share

Sidelock
Sidelock

…and while I’ve found that you can order things from his web site, that has little to do with whether or not that item is in inventory and will ever be shipped to you. Communication to resolve such issues, from my experience, is frustrating at best.
It may be his business model, but I’d have a tough time endorsing it as an efficient or good one.

1 member likes this: John Roberts
Sidelock
Sidelock

I have purchased way too much from Jeff over the years, but not recently. He has always been helpful and responsive, and the products have always been great value. Since The Great Covid Scare, a lot of businesses have gone to a no-live-phone model. Don't know if that's what's happening with Jeff, but he has always run with minimal staff support.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I personally have bought many things from him for years. I have purchased numerous cases as well as all types of accessories. I used to call and talk directly with him but the last year or so I have just ordered off the web site. I have NEVER had any problems with quality of the items or the overall transaction.

Mike Proctor
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by spring
…and while I’ve found that you can order things from his web site, that has little to do with whether or not that item is in inventory and will ever be shipped to you. Communication to resolve such issues, from my experience, is frustrating at best.
It may be his business model, but I’d have a tough time endorsing it as an efficient or good one.

Because none of us are privy to his net profit figures or the growth (or contraction) of his business, I'd suggest you haven't a damn clue whether it's a good or efficient business model. It may not be one you would chose, either to run or to buy from, but that's immaterial.

And John, given you "liked" spring's post, I'd suggest your "Not judging, just asking." was disingenuous at best.

Last edited by canvasback; 08/20/22 11:15 AM.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I’ve done business with Jeff’s and the previous owner in the past. Yes, I was satisfied with products I received.

So I was interested in purchasing another case from him.

Jeff’s website says “CALL US NOW”. There’s also a “CONTACT US” located at the top.

I’ve tried both numerous times because I had a question about one of his cases.

No reply.

I was just wondering if he was still in business.

I don’t care what his “business model” is.

I’ll just do business with someone else who actually responds to customer’s questions. Plain and simple.

The only constant in life is change.
1 member likes this: Caravaggio
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by canvasback
Originally Posted by spring

Because none of us are privy to his net profit figures or the growth (or contraction) of his business, I'd suggest you haven't a damn clue whether it's a good or efficient business model. It may not be one you would chose, either to run or to buy from, but that's immaterial.

And John, given you "liked" spring's post, I'd suggest your "Not judging, just asking." was disingenuous at best.

I appreciate your kind thoughts, but from the perspective of a customer of Jeff's and the inefficiencies, lack of responses to inquiries, and the frustrations of wondering if ordered items will ever arrive, to include some that didn't, my view on whether he is running a good business may have some merit, further accentuated by the simple fact that in this thread some are even wondering if he's still in business. In your view, all of that may be inconsequential to evaluating a business model, but it's possible that to others, it may have some relevancy.

You are happy with all of your interactions with Jeff's and no doubt others are as well. Apparently others have not seen the same results. For the sake of his business, I hope the latter are in short supply.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Jeff has a Christmas special on his cheapest (but still nice) cases every year. I always try to buy one at that time of year for my better doubles. This is the same business as the old Cape Outfitters which he used to be the voice on the phone for. I bought my first old double, an Ithaca/Lefever "A" grade 20 as a result of talking with him...Geo

Sidelock
Sidelock

Ordered some accessories on the website, received them today, in about a weeks time.

HWK
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.