March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
11 members (cable, craigd, battle, AZMike, FlyChamps, Hammergun, 1 invisible), 378 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,374
Posts544,008
Members14,391
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

I've heard it said that "God does not subtract the time from a man's life spent bird hunting". That said, I plan on being out there every fall season that I can stand upright!
Karl

1 member likes this: Run With The Fox
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by Tamid
Originally Posted by Steve Nash
Like many here, I have a few to choose from... but for the sake of tradition, my last hunt, coming up sooner than I'd like, will be with a London 'best,' a Charles Lancaster 12-bore central-fire breech-loader from 1864.

Steve,

An outstanding pinfire. Or is it a converted pinfire? Not sure from the angle provided but it would appear the hammers have been changed or modified.

I'm thinking my last gun should be a 36cal. smooth bore single barrel fowler with a flint lock.

Not a pin-fire at all, but an original central-fire, built for the early French Schneider cartridge design. The action is a slide-and-drop (another French design, by Gastinne). Lancaster made his early central-fire guns in two types, either for his proprietary base-fire cartridge, or Schneider’s. A fascinating gun, with this one having been nitro-proofed.

Sidelock
Sidelock

At 50, I'm already sure this pretty lady will be my hunter colleage forever.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

28 ga, hammerguns and all shotguns and rifles made by hands.
Waidmannsheil 🌿📯
4 members like this: Tim Cartmell, 67galaxie, Parabola, eeb
Sidelock
Sidelock

Mr. Campero, that single-shot is a beauty. I have an Army& Navy British 20ga single with the hammer, but mine has a top lever. I can't hit very well with it, but I enjoy carrying it. I've always felt the old hammer singles were the coolest shotguns around...Geo

2 members like this: campero, gunmaker
Sidelock
Sidelock

Stunningly beautiful gun, Mr Campero!

And I agree with Mr Newbern, hammer singles are truly special.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

4 members like this: 67galaxie, Parabola, mc, campero
Sidelock
Sidelock

Mr. Newbern, I'm agree with you. Old hammer single barrel are special. Show us your Army&Navy, please. Mine has 28 ga chamber but 24 overvored barrel. Great and fast patterns!

Mr. Nash, what an outstanding underlever single barrel! Saw in other thread! Lovely 16 ga Thomas Seymour!

Waidmannsheil 🌿📯
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by campero
Mr. Newbern, I'm agree with you. Old hammer single barrel are special. Show us your Army&Navy, please.

I'd be proud to if I could figure out how to post a picture on this forum...Geo

Sidelock
Sidelock

When does my "dotage" start? I must be getting close at 76.

My father hunted through the fall he was 80, 1987/8 season. Carried his 12-gauge AE-Grade Remington and his 2-frame 12-gauge Parker Bros. every bit as often as the 20-gauge Winchester 101 that I brought him when our ship stopped in Japan in 1972. I think he quit going because all of his buddies were dead and I lived on the other side of the country.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by Geo. Newbern
Mr. Newbern, I'm agree with you. Old hammer single barrel are special. Show us your Army&Navy, please.

I'd be proud to if I could figure out how to post a picture on this forum...Geo

Dear sir, it is easy to post pictures in this forum

1 Go for example to Imgbb.com

2 Upload the pictures you want to post.

3 Copy this code and paste it into your message (complet BBCode is better)

Hope this can help you.

Regards!

Waidmannsheil 🌿📯
Sidelock
Sidelock

At 50, I'm already sure this pretty lady will be my hunter colleage forever.

OMG I like single shots. That's a beaut!

My Tolley isn't a hammer gun but it's still pretty damn fine.

Last edited by canvasback; 08/18/22 06:47 PM.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
1 member likes this: campero
Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.